59 Sport Fury convertible for sale - 35,000 original miles

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
rogerh

Re: 59 Sport Fury convertible for sale - 35,000 original mil

Post by rogerh »

Sharp eye, and expansive knowledge on your part, Bernie!
jasonwalker262

Post by jasonwalker262 »

Ha! I wonder if the taillights were installed incorrectly at the factory? Otherwise, who would do such a funny thing?
That's really great info about the manufacture date. How interesting. Knowing the car was actually built in 1958 is pretty cool.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Unlikely a factory error. Most likely either accidentally or deliberately done later on. The general concensus is that the car has had a face-lift sometime in its past, paint over-spray being one indicator. The shop may have removed the taillights to paint the body, and maybe some apprentice was told to disassemble the pods for cleaning, and he put them back together wrong. Another little mystery, which makes old cars so interesting!
jasonwalker262

Post by jasonwalker262 »

Hi everybody. I still have the car and thought I should give an update.
I drove it last weekend and it was running great. We had to replace the battery and the generator as it was having some trouble staying charged, but now it fires right up. I almost got to drive the car in a parade, too, but we missed the registration deadline! Oh, well.
I had to look and update the actual mileage of the car, and it's right around 33,000. So my original post was a little high. Also, I had a potential buyer ask for some more photos of specific spots in the car, including the trunk floor and the exhaust, so if anybody wants to see them, email me at jasonwalker262@gmail.com. The exhaust is relatively new; I believe my dad had it replaced in the mid- to late-90s. Also there's the shiny new gas tank.
I was looking through the receipts from through the years, and I think I figured out something. The car was owned by my great-aunt, who died right around 1989-90. Then I noticed that most of the major work receipts – new upholstery, new top, etc - came right around 1991-92. I am wondering if my great-uncle decided to fix it up "in her memory," perhaps. I dunno ... but that might give us some insight as to why the car wasn't driven very much.
Jason
jasonwalker262

Post by jasonwalker262 »

Hi everybody. The car is still for sale. I have been a little lax in my role as seller all summer, but just letting you all know it's still around. And I did have a new battery and generator installed recently, so it's running great.
Jason
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Has this car found a new owner?
jasonwalker262

Post by jasonwalker262 »

Not yet. I have heard from quite a few people but nothing has happened. I haven't been very aggressive in trying to get the word out, either. If you're interested, call me at 612.605.9269 or email jasonwalker262@gmail.com. I have tons of photos!
jasonwalker262

Post by jasonwalker262 »

Hi everybody, the car has been sold. Thanks for all the help and interest.