cleaning out the garage

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
rogerh

cleaning out the garage

Post by rogerh »

HELLO,
THe car has gone to the upholsterer...giving me room to bring items out and prep them for sale...
I have various items for Sport Fury and Belvedere, other things '59...
I have a Powereflite Pushbutton console to sell...
I have stainless items...anodized items..
I realise that most of you have already restored your cars...if you dont need anything, please pass the word...
Roger
wuzfuz

Cleaning out the garage...

Post by wuzfuz »

Roger,
Would you use this site as a forum to list those parts you'd like to sell? My '59 may be roadworthy, but it's never done.
rogerh

parts

Post by rogerh »

Well, this is a difficult subject to discuss. Certainly I want my List acquaintances to benefit from my garage cleaning, but Ebay is useful as it can set the price of an item you are not able to price yourself.
It can also be argued that Ebay reaches more potential buyers than the SF site.
I will try to give both sites even chances...
meanwhile, if Dan would like to set up a link to Ebay (a la ForwardLook.net), there may be some value in that.
sorry if I am sounding like a jerk...it is very early am, and I am perhps not thinking clearly
roger :roll:
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Roger,

By all means! Post your parts to eBay. Then, alert folks in this venue (mailing list, too) that you're putting the parts up for sale, by including a link to your offering. Like this:

Tiffany Medallion
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34204

Before you copy in the link, hit the URL button, insert the link, and hit the URL button again. People can then go right from the forum to look at your offering.

I firmly believe that traffic begets traffic -- the more we post here, the more people will look, and the more they will post... And eventually these tools will really become useful to us owners of '59's.

Thanks!
Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh yeah -- I don't mind if you place your notice in announcements, but "For Sale" might be a better place for it.

Thanks!
Dan