Convertibles that survived

Your banter here!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Convertibles that survived

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dick Koch wrote:Seems to me the rarer Belvedere Convertible (only 4) would be the more desirable and worth more, right Tom.
Dick.
I like where you are going with that thinking Dick! :D

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Going thru old photos, I just remembered another SF cvt I knew of.
In fact, it was located only 1/2 mile from my house at the time. He was the second owner and wouldnt sell for 30 years it was rumored. For those 30 years it sat outside his house, with only a succession of tarps covering it. Needless to say, it was REAL bad when I saw it...He turned down my $2k offer. He then gave it away to the next person who inquired about it....a retired cop from Tacoma, who also owned a HT since new and was in the process of restoring it.
The cop then had a stroke, but last I heard he was still tying to complete the HT. I know nothing about the cvt's fate.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Tacoma eh? If you know the police officers name. can you inquire someday on the fate of that convert?

That would be a great start for you "do it all over again" Convert project. Or I can cold call him if you want to check on the status if the car still exists and what his plans are for it. Or you can keep this your little secret like my warehose convert was till I spilled the beans on it. :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

John Q,
The Tacoma's guy's name is David Smith. He used to own a steakhouse in Tacoma after retiring from the force. I heard the stroke robbed him of his ability to speak and paralyzed one arm. I sent some faded photos of this cvt to Dan M. Maybe Dan will post them, at which time you will see its condition was almost as bad as John Fowlie's Ithaca, NY car. David may have over the years realised that he can't restore and use it as he would have wanted.
My harsh reality is that I am unemployed and running near empty. I have no place to keep a project and no money to put into one. I had to sell or give away a lot of my restoration tools. So you don't have to worry about me stealing your warehouse car! :)
But I'm still here to offer my two cents.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

No worries on the Rhode Island car, if I can even find the guys name anymore.

I have been clamoring for a while to have Matthew fly over to help me. And here I have a tried and true 59 Plymouth expert here in the states that I should have lured here to Colorado to help me finish my car! You are only 2 1/2 away from me.

I may send you a plane ticket to come out for a long weekend to lend your expertise (I will pay you if I do for your time) I need to get going on the convert as it is now almost February and did not make much progress in January.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Sorry to have to tell you that I don't work in cold weather! :D
I need to keep looking for work here. I'm sure it's just around the bend.
My sister's friend builds masonry fireplaces, and is on a fancy job now. He put in a good word with the designer and I'm to go on Monday for an interview!
Supposedly my daughter "needs" me. If I were out of the picture, she'd have to go back living with her mother and six other people and a dog in a 20x24 cabin at the end of a long muddy road. With limited Internet!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Good Luck Roger, change for me has alway been for the better. JOHN Q. you stay away from matthew, I don't want you anywhere close to him when he gets here, he's bringing me some stuff for my Belvie which by the way was loaded on the truck yesterday.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Dick Koch wrote:Good Luck Roger, change for me has alway been for the better. JOHN Q. you stay away from matthew, I don't want you anywhere close to him when he gets here, Dick.
Hey you all stay away until our car is registered and titled! He has some more work to do on the headlights before it will pass the test, we have an appointment on 2-7 there. After that he is free to go anywhere but since it is always summer in Florida I know what will be my advise to him 8)
Dick Koch wrote:he's bringing me some stuff for my Belvie which by the way was loaded on the truck yesterday
Aha that is why John Q emailed me that he won't be Skyping this weekend, ambush time in the Rockies :lol:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Not so fast Ron, my new lap top has the Magic camera in it and I can Skype from the Interstate port-of entry, where all trucks must stop at. And while the guy is getting a Mountain Dew I will abscond with the convert! Dick supplied me with the license plate of the truck and who can miss a Belv'y convert!

Naw, I will skype you on Saturday as usual. What is this with Matthew making a detour to Florida? I thought he only had time for Emily and I could not fly him out here. (Roger Declined due to the cold weather and his daughter fondness of him)

But now he (Matthew) can fly down to the Sunshine State and see Dick and his new convert???? .....I guess that makes sense since it is warmer down there then Colorado and all.

But he will have to make it up to me somehow this slighting of me for an older man!!! :lol:

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Watch it Q.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Ohhh did that comment slip out? :oops: I meant that dashing Cary Grant look-a-like man......

John Q.
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

eddie.gordou

Post by eddie.gordou »

Hey Matthew, I just saw this thread. The picture of the convertible you found on the internet (license plate ROW-F 2) is actually my car. The picture was taken back in the 90s by some guy who saw our car on a motor show in Hamburg. So I can assure you there's just one SF Convertible in Germany :mrgreen:
Born to roll...