Seat Fabic /Vinyl Pattern Layout

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Mark Evans

Seat Fabic /Vinyl Pattern Layout

Post by Mark Evans »

Does anybody have the info for the orig Front?Back seat Fabric Layout Dims.
I o not have Orig seats to go by and I do not want to guess from the sales brochures .
I am looking for Dims of the width of the Vinyl or Fabric, Could also use some Photos of an orig interior for a Conv
Any info or advise would be appreciated
Mark Evans
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Seat Fabic /Vinyl Pattern Layout

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Mark, I don't have the actual dimensions but look on the showcase part of the website under SF page 1, for Wil Eichelbergs original convert. You get a few views.

The front seats would be the same as any SF hard top guys would have so hopefully they will chime in. The rear convertible dimensions I have some pictures of but it is of a restorations but might give you a better idea of look.

Pictures I got off the Internet of a SF Convert for sale.

John Q.
405340-33.jpg
405340-36.jpg
405340-37.jpg
405340-40.jpg
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Thanks John ,this helps
Is that floor color carpet on the Ft seat backs? If so, same color as the floor I assume.Is this Orig
Does anybody know if that Pc. comes with the SMS carpet set? I have not recd mine yet
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Mark, I can take pics with dimensions for you if you want.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Matt,

That would appreciated very much,Thanks you
Can you include the dims for the carpet on the back of the Front seats
Cheers
Mark
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Mark, I will do this Wednesday if that's ok with you.
I've got a day off then
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I don't remember carpeting on the swivel seat backs? There IS carpeting on the lower portion of the doors.
Matthew will provide photos...Great!.
Let it be known that I took the necessary bolts of fabric and vinyl, together with a set of original sport fury hardtop seats (upholstered but very worn and dirty) to the automobile upholsterer and told him to copy the pattern, so while not "factory original" it should be indistinguishable from original.
The fabric was from SMS in Oregon, the vinyl (bison-grained, thanks to Tom Fox for clueing me in on that detail) came from Original Auto Interiors, Michigan. OAI pointed out that SMS vinyl was not only NOT embossed, but also thinner and thus not as durable as what they were offering. I wanted the seats to last a long time-
I also brought them the original vinyl boot cover, which was all dried up and shrunken like a prune and useless as a pattern. Thus the boot cover they made for me was not completely correct, as Matthew can show you w/ photos. I didn't do my research on this one...photos would have helped them get it right!
Last edited by rogerh on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomf

Post by tomf »

Roger, if you look at Wil Eichelberg"s SF webpage, you"ll be reminded that there is carpet on the seat backs. The carpet is the same as the floor and bottom of the doors. You might also look at his very original 318 with silver/gray valve covers.

Tom
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hi Tom!
Thanks much for setting me straight on this. I am often amazed at how much I've forgotten about the car...looks like I will have to get another one, only this time keep it longer!
And I probably could have used Showcase photos to clue the upholsterer in on how to make the boot cover!
I did not supply the upholsterer with carpeting for the seatbacks or doorpanels, so obviously he used some black remnants he had in the shop. I don't recall where I got the carpet kit..it wasn't that great. I remember asking Tom if it should be loop-pile or short nap (or something like that), but I don't recall what the answer was.
Referring to engine colors seen on Will's car, exactly how original is his car? I know the exterior was re-painted; the valve covers look grey but engine block appears to be red?
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Matt,
Wednesday is fine Thanks.I am still waiting for my SMS Shipment
Taking my spring bases to the blaster today

Roger
I have two Vinyl samples from SMS and both have Grain embossing. I will let you know how my shipment comes, If not I will send it back.
I ordered my carpet from SMS. They state that it will match the Door panel carpet ,However The carpet came direct from the Mfg.( Auto Custom Carpets in Al.)It did not come with the Seat back Pcs. My Upholsterer tell me he can order and match it
Mark
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

A few years ago SMS didn't offer "grained" vinyl, if my hazy memory recalls correctly, so I went with OAI.
In addition, SMS sent one sample after another, and each time they were far off the mark in terms of matching the color I desired. OAI got it right on the second try.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Here is a pic of the seat back.

Mark, can I email the pics to you? I've got a few :lol:

I can finally upload pics!
IMG_3168.JPG
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Matt

Just saw this post,
Yes ,Just go ahead and email me the Photos to, hmsevans@aol.com or whatever is easier for you
The seat shot is helpful
Mark