Are SF and Belvedere armrests the same?

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Are SF and Belvedere armrests the same?

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I am at the point where I am going to be installing a set of armrest into my car on Thursday, They still need to be re-padded and all but I have to put something in for this show this weekend.

Question is to me, are the armrest and their bases the same for SF interiors as they are for Belvedere Interiors? I thought they were but in examining some SF pictures they look fuller and longer. I did put a SF interior in my Belvy, The door panels are the SF type.

I have one original SF door panel in the basement (rough shape) but the Belvedere armrest is smaller then the imprint left in the door panel. I have a set of larger Arm rest that fits that pattern to a "T" but could that old original panel be a mistake? I thought the larger set I picked up on ebay was for a fuller senior Chrysler/DeSoto.

I looked in the parts catalog and could not find a section on armrests. Maybe I missed it but need to know quicky which way to go. I hate to put a larger imprint in the door panel by putting on the wrong armrests. :?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Are SF and Belvedere armrests the same?

I know it is hard to ask this question without pictures. So here they are.

The arm rest on the left is the one that fits the imprint, size and shape that went with the single original Sport Fury door panel. The one on the right is the one that is exact to the one I took off my Belvy door panel when I started this restification of my convertible.

Is the one on the left the one that you SF guys have on your car?

John Q.
100_4450.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

tomf

Post by tomf »

I have the larger ones on both of my cars. I know the big one is standard on a SF. I think the smaller ones were on four doors, and others. I"m sure a lot of us would use the larger ones on a rebuild when we had them. My Belvedere convertible has a lot of options that I added during it"s build.

Tom
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Thanks Tom! That confirms that there was a difference that I never thought of. I was getting the smaller ones ready to mount and was checking orientaion of which one went right or left hand side when I noticed that the SF version looked bigger in some of the Showcase pictures.

And then when I compared the pattern to the single old SF door panel I have, I knew something was amiss. So that is another item that is better on a SF version is a more comfortable arm rest! Glad you knew! :D

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - Tom to the rescue, I checked Greenie and Charleen and they both have the larger arm rests, now I'm wondering what I have for the Belvie Convert? They are in a box somewhere. I have a set coming from Neil Freman, I hope they are the larger ones. Now I don't have to send you pictures.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Dick, I have plenty of Belvedere bases if you need some. It is the foam part that is an issue to build them back up to the size needed. Let me know if you want them and I will send them to you as an early Christmas gift! :P

I should have done some research earlier on this armrest stuff, but never knew there was a difference. Learn something new almost everyday! Thanks to Tom, I was able to paint the bases white and they were installed today!

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - Let me see what I get from Freman's first.
Thanks,
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Okie dokie! they are just sitting in my basement collecting dust. So no worries. :)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

John,

My SF has the Left type as shown in the photo.
I am looking for a Set also if anybody has a spare
Mark
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Still looking for the vent window glass or the whole assembly, I found one (I might have another...) driver's side but need to see if it forms up to the A pillar of my Convert. The one i found the chrome is pitted a lot on the upper frame chrome. I think I have one more and once I find that, I will fit it to my door frame again to see if it is convertible too or a HT version.

I have one more SF armrest base that I can send you and hopefully the other one is not the same side...That one I think is in the trunk of my car. (59 that is, and that is in my car trailer)

I have a Mopar car show that my car is in for the first time running, so I am a little busy and super tired staying up late getting ready for it. I will look again on Sunday for the other armrest and vent window assembly.

But do let me know if you are just looking for the glass part or the entire frame,

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)