That little window

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Matthew Keij

That little window

Post by Matthew Keij »

So today i saw what our problem is with that window. That ventilation window or something. The small one between the side window and front window. 1 parts of it is loose. The part that is loose is the part under it. That's where that thing is on to open it. How can we fix this?????
Hope everybody understand what i mean
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew, borrow your dad's camera and email me a pic -- I'll put it up on the web and link to this thread so we can all have a look.

Dan
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Oke, i will make a pic of it when i done with what i'm fixing now. I'll let my dad send it to you tonight (tonight here :wink: )
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OK Folks, here's the problem Matthew is talking about:

vent.jpg

Matthew writes:
It is that piece with the piece of paper behind it. The thing where you can open the window it attached to it.
That's the vent wing handle, Matthew. I've seen them on eBay from time to time... Anybody have any luck repairing these?

Dan
rogerh

wingvent handle is loose

Post by rogerh »

Hmm, I believe the handle is pegged to the pivot shaft (see the small hole with drift pin in the picture). If you could pull it entirely off, then epoxy it back on?
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

It is not the handle. It is that piece where the handle is attached with. I don't know how to explain this good cause my english isn't that good. It's the piece of chrome that is under that window (not on the door!) Can you get that handle off as well? I believe it could be more to the chrome strip going up so that the window closes better. That piece of paper is there because if we are driving and that paper isn't there it is like somebody is running next to you with a whistle (spelling?)
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I'm sorry Matthew, my dutch is not that good :wink: Perhaps I will try and scan an exploded view from my parts book tonight, and then we can discuss from the numbers.

Dan
rogerh

loose handle

Post by rogerh »

Okay, so I dont have my car here to check, but the handle obviously has loosened on its shaft and is pulling away from the post it closes against.
We need a "parts" window to play with!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Here's a pic from the parts manual:

vent2.JPG

Matthew, if you snag the pic and draw an arrow or circle around the piece you think is the problem, I'll repost...

Dan
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

It's the part with the number 23-64-241. That's the part what is loose. I'll save the pic on my harddisc. Maybe i need to take the window out to fix it?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew,

The window pivots on an axis that is determined by the post that extends downward and is welded or brazed to that bottom chrome bracket. If the vent window is loose, it sounds like that post is broken, in which case you would have to remove it to repair.

My vent is also broken, but in a different place! The pot metal that forms the leading edge of the vent frame is cracked, and needs to be soldered. Something I'll get to eventually...

Dan
rogerh

vent window loose

Post by rogerh »

The vent window sits in a metal trough. The trough has a pivot on its bottom, whhich runs down into the door. If it is loose, you must take the inside doorpanel off to tighten the clamps.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

It's not the thing that goes into the door. It's that chrome piece but it's loose of the window. There is rubber in the chrome piece but it is not holding the window there. If i grab the handle i can move the chrome strip from the inside of the car to the outside if you know what i mean? I'll try to think how to explain this better. You can also see this as the chrome strip of the normal window. The strip that is above. It is something like that. If that is loose it is something exactly like our problem. I hope i didn't confuse you know.
rogerh

loose window

Post by rogerh »

I believe I understand you now. Your piece of glass is not secure in the chrome trough. This is a common problem. Take the glass out, use some weatherstrip cement to glue the rubber to the metal, then more glue to glue the glass to the rubber. Problem solved.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Yeah! That is our problem. Thanks. I will try this as soon as possible. Thank you very much! And Dan, thanks for the scan and hosting the pic :wink: