Why guns aren't permitted at DMV

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Why guns aren't permitted at DMV

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:I recently moved from NJ to PA. In PA, to get a car registered as an antique, you need to fill out MV-11, provide a picture of each side of the car, a VIN rubbing, etc., etc., sacrifice your first born child, and swear a fanatical devotion to the pope. Then, maybe, you'll get antique plates.

I went to "registration place #1" -- they told me, they couldn't process the paperwork, I had to go to their location miles away.

I went to the state's website -- they referred me to another local place that could manage it. I went there, they told me I had to first get the car registered as a regular car (requiring a full blown inspection, including emissions), then I could apply for antique tags. I knew that was bulldorkies, so I went to yet another place -- AAA -- in the center of town.

There I presented my pictures, rubbings, first born son, etc. -- after three attempts to fill out the paperwork, they informed me I needed a check or money order to pay the state. I didn't have my checkbook with me; I looked across the way, and saw a bank! I asked for the amount of the payment, ran across and got a money order cut. Came back, and as the clerk was finishing the paperwork, she did a double take on the photos.

"The state won't accept these."

"Why?"

"They have Jersey tags on the car."

"Of course! The car is registered in Jersey! I want to transfer them to PA."

"They will reject them. Won't don't you take pictures without the tags on them?"

"Because the transmission is shot, I can't get it back in the garage if I push it out to take pix after the tags are removed."

"Not my problem."

And there you have it -- I had to get the transmission fixed, to get the car registered. Go figure.
Yeah, well -- so, I had the opportunity to take pix, in between the time me and the flatbed guy pushed it out of the garage, and he started hauling it onto the flatbed. Having already removed the tags, I flew around the car and took my pix.

Today I went back to AAA, to submit my pix to the DMV.

"Oh, they won't take this picture" (referring to the top image, below).

"Why not?"

"Because it has to be entirely from the side, like this one" (referring to the bottom image).

"Gimme a break!" I said. I may have said something else too; I'm blanking on that.

"Your choice", he said. "Send them in, and if they reject them, you'll be back where you started."

Of course, in their benevolence, it will be 60 days before I find out they've been rejected.

I sent them in. I'm beyond caring; let them reject me.

At this point, I'm prepared to move :twisted:
dmv.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
big m

Post by big m »

What really bothers me about this is it's our tax dollars that are paying for this stupidity. Common sense and good judgement have left the building, folks! I ran across this type of BS recently when having a mid sixties Ford VIN # verified. The door has the VIN # on the jamb, and the door had obviously been replaced with one of a completely different color and the tag was removed. I showed the officer the cowl of the car where the VIN # is also embossed, and he said it was unacceptable. Had to load the car on a trailer and drop off at the CHP office, where they did the verification with no problem. You go figure!! ---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

reminds me of re-financing your house..be sure to signyour name exactly the same each and every time, do Not go outside the margins, have it notarized, , prove you are who you say you are....of course that is for a mortgage, which is a huge commitment of time and money...come to think of it, so are collector cars!
Faulkner

A miracle happened!

Post by Faulkner »

Street Legal!!!
plate.jpg
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

That is 1 cool plate!! What is that old car on the back??
Faulkner should be there! :lol:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew Keij wrote:That is 1 cool plate!! What is that old car on the back??
Faulkner should be there! :lol:
No Problem!

Dan
newplate.jpg
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

did you choose that combination of letters and numbers? is there any hidden meaning, other than "this was dam hard to get"?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

nice looking plates!
Ours are kinda drab here in Ontario

Bob

PS,sorry for the poor pic!
IMGP0204.JPG