Outta Here

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Outta Here

Post by Faulkner »

savvy59 wrote:I thought you were flying yesterday or is it today???
Have a great vacation. Keep us posted.
Curt in MD
Thanks for the good wishes! I'm leaving work in about 4 hours, then we batten down the house hatches and head on out to the Land of the Keij's! I'm not taking my laptop with me, so I'll be dropping off the radar for a couple of weeks. I hope when I come back, I find hundreds of posts on the board.

...and not from spammers! :P

Take care everyone, talk to you all when I get back.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

We will see you tomorrow!!!! Can't wait!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Matthew,

Will you let Ron use your computer so he can keep in touch with all of us back in the States; or will you keep him too busy to be able to write???

By the way - I am still waiting for your answer on the other thread -(How Long Have you Had Your Ride) :)

I wish the best for all of you during this reunion!!!

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:Matthew,

Will you let Ron use your computer so he can keep in touch with all of us back in the States; or will you keep him too busy to be able to write???

I wish the best for all of you during this reunion!!!

Curt in MD
Hi Curt,

I do have my own computer but I guess you were thinking of Dan? He can use my computer whenever he wants to and I think he will be posting on this forum while he is here. And so will I, next Sunday we will go cruising in my SF and I'll let Dan drive if he wants to. When we drove to Carlisle He let me drive so now it's his turn. Pictures to prove will be posted of course :D

I'll post the story about how long I have my car in the other topic real soon. I just have been too busy lately :cry:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS :oops:

I really did mean Dan. What can I say I am trying to build up some interest on the site while Dan is outta here.

I figured you and Matthew both had your own computers, and would not mind letting Dan post.

I had several conversations with Matthew off-line he is really something!

I am really Jealous of all your 50's memoribilia. I have a lot, but no where near what you have. I can tell that you have been collecting for some time now. We have probably been collecting for about twenty years now.

We have used an entire basement area of our house as our 50's room, probably about 1,000 square feet. Much of our collection is from our parents and has senttimental value. Is there anything that you are looking for that I may come across or even have???

I am looking forward to your post re: How Long Have you Had Your Ride!

I hope your visit goes well and the weather cooperates.

Curt in MD
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

We certainly don't mind letting Dan use any of the 3 computers (Marjo has her own too). It's up to him and their schedule. It's a small country but they will need all their time to see the things they want to see.

You should meet Matthew in real life, maybe next year if we can make it to Carlisle (or Philly). We travelled through Maryland last summer.

Our 50's collection started about 9 years ago with our pride the Wurlitzer 2104. It is very hard to find good items for reasonable prices in the Netherlands but somehow we manage to find too many things for our small (compared to US standards) house. We are not looking for specific items anymore but last weekend we saw a great Kelvinator fridge. It was restored last year and in perfect working order and rare. According to the seller there are only three of those known to exist. And his price was accordingly €1600 :( I'd like to see pics of your collection though, any pics on line?

I'm convinced the visit will go well but am not sure about the weather. The last three weeks has been really nice with lots of sunshine and no rain, this week however temperatures dropped to the lower 60's and we had a lot of rain :x And the forecast for Friday and Saturday is even worse but the good thing is that they expect it to be nice and dry on Sunday when we go to the jukebox fair. I hope it is because when it rains most of the 50's cars won't show up.

I'll keep you posted!

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Sorry guys, no post from Dan while he was here. He could use any of our computers but he was just too busy to post, I drove him and Marie around to all the things they wanted to visit and the days were really packed. We had a great time though and I am convinced they loved it too. This morning I drove them to Germany where they will spend the last week of their vacation and we allready miss them!

And of course there was a 59 Plymouth day in the schedule :D Sunday Dan, Matthew and me drove the Sport Fury to a car show/jukebox fair and had a great time. From Thursday to Saturday we had quite a bit of rain but Sunday the sun came out and we even got a little sun burned 8) I asked Dan if he wanted to drive us to the show but he preferred to stay in the passenger seat because he had no driving experience in The Netherlands. But he did drive it around the block at the car show and really enjoyed it, and I wasn't smart enough to make a picture of him driving the car around with a big smile on his face :D

I did make pictures when we picked the car up at the garage where it is stored and at the car show, three examples are shown below.

Dan, if you read this, the promotion T shirt for the website will be delivered at my house tomorrow and will be in the mail this week. I'll try to make a picture of it and put it up also.

Ron
IMG_0085 edit.jpg
My Sport Fury and my friend's 1959 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman
IMG_0161 edit.jpg
Dan promoting the 1959 Plymouth at the carshow
IMG_0058 edit.jpg
Dan meeting Chrissie.
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Promotion T-Shirt??? Great!!! Can I have one too? XXL :D

Stefan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

sportfury1959 wrote:Promotion T-Shirt??? Great!!! Can I have one too? XXL :D

Stefan
Of course I can send you one. The shirts are not expensive (made by my neighbour in his shop) but I don't know about the shipping. The shirt for Dan hasn't arrived yet and I think it will be Sunday before I can post a picture of it. What I can do now is post the design of the print :D

What do you think? Will Dan like it??
jpgplymouth1.jpg
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Of course he will like it Ron. It's his car and his background of the site. No doubt about it.
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Ron,

I just had one question - Was Dan okay with his NJ plate being shown on the car??? I noticed he deletes the plates of the cars on the website.

Of course that plate will become obsolete whenever he is lucky enough to get Pennsylvania registration and plates.

It sounded like they (and you) had a blast for the short visit.

I was hosting my Uncle from Basel Switzerland at the same time Ron is/was visiting you and Germany.

Did you make any more purchases at the car/Jukebox show???

Thanks for keeping us up-to-speed with Ron and family's journey.

Curt in MD
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:...I drove him and Marie around to all the things they wanted to visit and the days were really packed. We had a great time though and I am convinced they loved it too. This morning I drove them to Germany where they will spend the last week of their vacation and we allready miss them!
And we miss the Keij's too, Ron! What an exceptional visit we had, so much fun, and so much to see. The Netherlands is a beautiful country, and the Keij's are gracious hosts. Look them up, folks, if you ever visit -- they will treat you like royalty. And Chrissie! She's as beautiful as in the pictures, and drives like a dream.
Ron Keij wrote: Dan, if you read this, the promotion T shirt for the website will be delivered at my house tomorrow and will be in the mail this week. I'll try to make a picture of it and put it up also.
Ron
I can't wait until it arrives, Ron! I'll have Marie take my picture wearing it, and post to the site. She's arriving today (she stayed to interview a cancer researcher in Heidelberg for a newspaper article she's writing), and she has the camera -- after I download our pix, I'll post some too.

...and while we're at it...

Sorry I missed your birthday on Sunday!

It's always worth remembering when life's odometer flips to a new digit. Hope you had fun.

Thanks again for everything!
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:I can't wait until it arrives, Ron! I'll have Marie take my picture wearing it, and post to the site. She's arriving today (she stayed to interview a cancer researcher in Heidelberg for a newspaper article she's writing), and she has the camera -- after I download our pix, I'll post some too.

...and while we're at it...

Sorry I missed your birthday on Sunday!

It's always worth remembering when life's odometer flips to a new digit. Hope you had fun.

Thanks again for everything!
Dan
You didn't miss anything on Sunday, today is the day that I turn 38 for the 6th time :lol:

The shirt will go in the mail next Thursday, there was a little delay and I just got it two days ago. To compensate the delay I'll put in something extra in the package for Marie. It's typical Dutch and it's not wooden shoes but it is illegal to send it to the US 8) You can start guessing :D

Ron
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

But it's legal in Holland. Canabis ? 8)
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

sportfury1959 wrote:But it's legal in Holland. Canabis ? 8)
I knew this answer was coming :D But I wrote it is illegal to send it to the US, possesion isn't. But you are warm, I was thinking of tulips :o

Marie would love to have tulips in their community garden but you need all kinds of paperwork to import some tulips. So I'll just give it a try by mail and hope it get's through. If the tulips don't arive we will have to bring them there ourselves next year.

Ron