hi beams dont work

Got a question? This is the place to ask
rogerh

hi beams dont work

Post by rogerh »

just trying to keep this site breathing.
I took my car out on a short run to get gas, and pick up a pizza..noted a small pool of rear end fluid on the garage floor as I pulled out...As it was night,
I tried the high beams, and all went dark..I USED to know how to fix that..but now I can't recall..is it a problem with the floor switch? I stepped on it several times to no avail..only the low beams work. (I will check to see if all hi beam bulbs are suddenly burnt out)
The dash lights didnt come on either, so I twisted and turned the headlight switch until they came on.
Hey. how are the Keijes? Did they ever find the core support for Matthew's car, or is everything still on hold?
There was a guy in Wisconsin..he was going all out to restore his station wagon..he was driving hundreds of miles to collect parts cars...he got to a certain point on the restoration, and then suddenly he got interested in Harley motorcycles and ...no more on the wagon. I sure hope this is not the case with the Keijes! Likewise with the man in CA collecting many Plymouths from all over the country..no word from him recently either...
Hello? Is this me, talking to myself?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Id say its the floor switch Roger,ive had that problem before,luckily i picked up a floor switch so i put it in and that was the end of that problem!

Bob
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

I thought I just saw floor dimmer switches on ebay???

But I bet the local parts store carries them also.

Cars are like houses there is always something that needs to be done.

I for one enjoy reading all the posts and I hope the cooler weather will bring more business to this great site.

Thanks,

Curt in Ellicott City, MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Roger,

The Keijes are doing OK I guess but are still very busy. Last week I worked 80 hrs and that leaves little or no time to be on line :cry:

But it is for a good cause, well at least the work in the weekends. I am plastering a friends new home, and if I have spare time left Marjo has got work for me too. She wants our house to be perfect when our webmaster will be staying with us :D

The core will be coming from Tony, he has it but hasn't had time to figure out the shipping part because he is working for a friend (sounds familiar) on a 59 Belvedere. I'll try to attach pics of the Belvy and Tony's SF and see if Dan has solved the attachment problem :lol:

And BTW Roger, I emailed you several times in the past few weeks but my emails keep bouncing. I even had to ask Dan to forward the message about our website to you :?

Ron
Imgp1566rs.jpg
Imgp1564rs.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:...Marjo has got work for me too. She wants our house to be perfect when our webmaster will be staying with us :D
We can't wait Ron! Counting the days now...
Ron Keij wrote: The core will be coming from Tony, he has it but hasn't had time to figure out the shipping part because he is working for a friend (sounds familiar) on a 59 Belvedere.
What a gorgeous car! :P What do we know about this person, and their Belvy? Gotta get them in the showcase. (When the webmaster gets his act together!) :cry:
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:What a gorgeous car! :P What do we know about this person, and their Belvy? Gotta get them in the showcase. (When the webmaster gets his act together!) :cry:
Wadaminit... is this the same car as in this post?

http://59sportfury.net/59forum/viewtopi ... =1039#1039

I discovered it, because I've identified the corrupted post numbers and am slowly fixing them, one by one... Delete the thumbnail no longer connected to the image, delete the image, reload the image (which creates and connects a new thumbnail)... (*sigh*) only 318 left to fix :cry:

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Is 318 better than 361?
Ron Keij

Re: hi beams dont work

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote:Hey. how are the Keijes? Did they ever find the core support for Matthew's car, or is everything still on hold?
YES! We have got a core support for Matthew's Fury :D , and guess where we found it...........................

It was at his brother's place all the time hidden behind a bed :(

But he can start working again and let's hope he will get a lot of work done really soon because he is going to lose his storage in the near future. The owner of the place has to sell because of his divorce and unemployment. Chances of finding another job are non existent because he has Parkinson disease :(
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote:Is 318 better than 361?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hooray for good detective work (or a thorough house-cleaning!)
If ever I get to thinking I am in a "bad state", I will remember your landlord..lost his job, has a disease, terrible.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote:If ever I get to thinking I am in a "bad state", I will remember your landlord..lost his job, has a disease, terrible.
And don't forget he lost his wife too, or was that a good thing :?

But I feel real sorry for the poor guy, losing everything he has got. And he is real nice guy too, he helps Matthew any way he can and now told him to stop paying the rent for the garage. Matthew is still welcome but his money isn't! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I invited him last month to join us to a car show and gave him a day to remember.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:
rogerh wrote:Is 318 better than 361?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, have your fun guys... The World's Slowest Webmaster is slowly fixing the attachments. We're down to 198 busted attachments -- not enough displacement to power any '59! :twisted:
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hello,
I fixed my car's headlights today, in typical Backward manner:
1) bought Floor switch on Ebay
2) bought new headlight switch at local auto parts store
3) installed both, but hi beams still didn't work.
4) discovered, removed broken bulb and installed new hi beam bulb on pass side.
The lights work now.
I didn't mind installing the new headlight switch because the dash dimmer function was not working well. The floor switch cost me less than $10.
I am hoping to take the car to a club meeting tomorrow. It is predicted to be a rainy day, so I will bring a towel (the seal at the windshield header to cvt top leaks) {:)
-roger-
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Pics Roger!!! :lol:
From the show ofcourse :wink:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew Keij wrote:Pics Roger!!! :lol:
From the show ofcourse :wink:
Here's the one pic that Roger sent, with the following note:
Roger wrote:Made it to the meeting and home again. There was only one other car there..a 49 Plymouth, and the meeting started early so I missed most of it. Heck, I only went for the drive anyway..
She's a real beaut, Roger. Did you ever get to the bottom of the shock/spring issue, that has the back sitting a bit high?

Dan
PICT0006.JPG