hi beams dont work

Got a question? This is the place to ask
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

nope, please send Matthew..I need him to install the 4vintake the rebuilt 4vcarb, the centerlink and a few other things..
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:nope, please send Matthew..I need him to install the 4vintake the rebuilt 4vcarb, the centerlink and a few other things..
Sorry, he only goes as far west as Pennsylvania :lol: But if you care to bring your 'vert to Carlisle next year, perhaps I could lend him to you for an hour or so...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Dan Wrote:

She's a real beaut, Roger. Did you ever get to the bottom of the shock/spring issue, that has the back sitting a bit high?

I love the car!

I had a similar problem after new rear leaf springs were installed on my 59 Savoy. The car rode and sat so high it felt like an empty dump truck ride. You could not even get the car to push downin the rear with two hundred pounds of pressure on a fin!

I took it back to the spring shop and asked them to level out the car since I had already lowered the torsion bars up front. They were able to DE-ARCH the springs to a level that is just above the front ride height. There are no lowering blocks on the rear and the car rides like brand new and also carries a load without sagging since they are new springs.

Any spring shop should be able to help get the car back to a proper height.

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

rogerh wrote:nope, please send Matthew..I need him to install the 4vintake the rebuilt 4vcarb, the centerlink and a few other things..
I'm on my way Roger!!!
I'll be there next vacation :wink:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

thanks Curt, althought hese are "used" springs from a 59 SF hardtop, that car may have been "hotrodded", so the springs may have been altered.
I cranked UP the tordion bars to try to level it out..and yes, it rides very stiff..