Anyone other than me have trouble getting on here?

Your banter here!
Nighthawk

Anyone other than me have trouble getting on here?

Post by Nighthawk »

I seem to have a terrible time logging on to this board,anyone else having this problem?

Bob
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Bob,

I don't seem to be having any trouble logging on to this site.

Does the screen just stall when you select the URL or do you get hung up trying to get to the Forum from the Home Page?

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I've had trouble too, but I think it is my own computer problems..
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Everytime i'm here I have to log on twice!
It also doesn't even remember me but I click it everytime
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Finally got logged on here after almost a week of trying.it tells me to log in and it wont let or remember me,been this way since the time the site was hacked.

Bob
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The site didnt remember me either, starting today. but tonight it works fine again..
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hi folks, I'm back! I'll be catching up shortly... First, let me address this issue. If I'm not mistaken, it's "cookie" corruption problem -- a cookie is a file the website deposits on your computer, that contains your username and password so you won't have to remember it each time. The solution (at least, for me, when I had this problem) is to delete the cookie, and recreate it by logging back in one more time. Here's what you do (for Internet Explorer, at least):

Go to Tools in the control bar up top, and choose "Internet Options".

Under the "General" tab, click on the "Settings" button.

Click on the "View Files" button.

Scroll down until you see a file that looks like this:

Cookie:dan@59sportfury.net/

("dan" in the cookie file name above comes from my computer login, not my 59plymouth site login.) Right click on the cookie, and select "Delete". If you have another cookie of the form

Cookie:dan@59plymouth.net/

delete that one too. You may have both, depending on the URL you used to get to the site.

Then, go to the site, suppy your username and password, login in and browse something. Kill your browser, go back to the site, and see if now you aren't already logged in -- because the cookie is happy.

Hope this works for you! Let me know of any problems...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I never had any problems to get on the board until now, I always stayed logged in. But when I clicked on the link in favourites today I was logged out :? Fortunately I was able to log in again because our webmaster forgot to post the what to do for user who are using the Dutch version of Windows XP :evil: And that after all the efforts to learn him Dutch :lol:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:... our webmaster forgot to post the what to do for user who are using the Dutch version of Windows XP :evil: And that after all the efforts to learn him Dutch :lol:
Ron
Sheesh, Ron, I'm having enough trouble speaking English now! Seems I keep saying "viele dank" at the checkout counter... 8)

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"