Tulsarama!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
big m

Tulsarama!

Post by big m »

Anyone from this board headed to Tulsa for the unearthing of the '57 Belvedere in June? I will be heading east from California about a week before, to take in some sights along old route 66. Already got room reservations at the downtown Doubletree where many of the Forward Look group will be staying. ---John
In rust we trust!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

u got contact info for that place? i am living further south than i hoped originally, just a little to far to drive, need to stay there in tulsa. i don't know if batmobile will be up to the task in time, but i am looking at an army surplus '66 dodge d200 sportside for 300 big un's that supposedly runs (same guy i bought the '59 from). don't know if that will pan out- will see. being off of the comp for so long i am behind in all my tulsa plans. hope i didn't wait too late. :oops: --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

batmobile wrote:u got contact info for that place?
Jeremy, you can find out what you want to know here:

http://www.buriedcar.com/

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

I already marked this date in my agenda. Still don't know why, but maybe they build up a web-cam and we all can see it.

Hey - Good idea? - On second thoughts this could really make the unearthing a "global event", even bigger than the organisation of Tulsarama expected. There are so many people out there, all over the world, who cannot come to Tulsa, but would like to participate. Why limiting this event to "almost nobody" compared to what it could be? No need to say that also the Tulsarame becomes more known for the price of an webcam (20$ or so?).

Somebody put this idea in nice words and suggest it !?

Stefan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

the rumors fly..i heard that there will be a video for sale of the whole thing..
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi All,

Just this afternoon I visited my parents because my aunt and uncle from the US are staying with them for a couple of days. I talked to my uncle about the buried car and that I had thought about going to the unearthing of the car. My uncle was born and raised in Tulsa and told me that he was there in the front row when the car was buried! And his father was there too, and he assisted when the car was prepared 8) According to his stories the engine should be in good condition because they overfilled it with oil so the cylinders and seals would be well preserved.

I hope he is right about it, we will know for sure if he is right in 7 weeks.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
59savoy

Post by 59savoy »

tulsarama was GREAT!!!! and one of the reasons was because guys like big M showed up, and had the greatest, INFECTIOUS attitude! you just couldn't help but have a good time with the people who showed up! i'm looking forward to the next one; it's up to each one of us to MAKE IT HAPPEN!