Dual quads

Got a question? This is the place to ask
marybill

Dual quads

Post by marybill »

I'm seeking info and literature on the dual quads on the 58. I'm considering adding them to my 59.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Dual quads

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Hang in there MaryBill, as soon as more people sign into there computers tonight you will have an answer. I have no working experience with Dual Quads other then wanting a set of Long Rams someday for my non standard 413 RB Block 59.

But there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this Forum that can help you out. :)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Marybill,

Try looking through the Tech Support there is some information in that section on 318s with dual quads.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1078

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1044

You can also use the search feature at the top right of the screen for any topic you wish.
You could always strike up a conversation with moparwagon (who is running a dual quad 318) or Dick Koch who wants to install dual quads on his 318 that he is currently restoring.

Good luck,
Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
big m

Post by big m »

Will you be running a B-block [350,361,383, etc.] or a poly 318?

I just completed overhauling the 318, torqueflite, and both Carter WCFB carburetors on a factory dual quad '57, I can probably answer some of your questions.

---John
In rust we trust!
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

John,

I have a 318 dual quad setup that is currently on my 59 hardtop. The setup is real clean and was restored, but there appears to be something missing, or just not right where the linkage on the drivers side opens up the front carburetor. The setup works, but I never have opened it up due to the linkage hanging up and not wanting to return on the front carburetor. It just has a metal rod that slides through two metal openings in the front carb throttle linkage. When you open the throttle, I believe there is some stop or bolt that catches the front carb to open it, and then a return spring brings it back. Seems like there should be some kind of sleeve for that to slide through instead of metal to metal. I have never seen any good pictures of what it is supposed to be on the linkage. Do you have good pictures of the carbs and linkage that show what I am talking about?. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Tim Baker
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Tim, I'll get a photo or two off to you tomorrow.

---John
In rust we trust!
big m

Post by big m »

Here are a couple photos of dual quad linkage, one being '57, and the other being '58, which is currently missing a couple return springs. The '57 setup retains it's factory parts.

Hope this helps, John

In rust we trust!
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

John,

Thanks for the pictures. Yes that helps a lot. My linkage does not appear to look like this. Do you have any other pieces of the side linkage, including pieces that may bolt to the throttle plates, or know any place that these can be obtained ?. I don't have any pictures of my setup presently, but from seeing yours I would say mine has been changed to something non stock that doesn't work very well.

Thank You
Tim Baker
big m

Post by big m »

I believe that Wayne Makurdsik in Pennsylvania was reproducing this linkage, his e-bay user name is waynessportonetrim. If you have trouble reaching him, let me know and I'll see if I can look him up.

---John
In rust we trust!
53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

I believe that Wayne Makurdsik in Pennsylvania was reproducing this linkage, his e-bay user name is waynessportonetrim. If you have trouble reaching him, let me know and I'll see if I can look him up.

---John
I found this reply from the past from Big M, and am now just getting around to try and track the linkage down for the dual 4 bbl setup for a 318 engine. I tried the username that John said, but no match comes back from ebay. Can you help me to get hold of this gentleman, or someone that reproduces or has the dual 4 bbl linkage for the 318 ? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Tim Baker