window crank-door handle removal

Got a question? This is the place to ask
rogerh

window crank-door handle removal

Post by rogerh »

Hey Guys,
Today the weather was quite nice, so I took the car on a drive to a Club Meeting. I was even able to have the top down! The meeting was great, and it inspired me to attack a drivers' side door alignment problem. I had to remove the interior door handle, so I decided to take pictures, for those wanting know how to remove these handles. Not knowing how to post the photos to this site, I sent them to Dan; turns out he is "out of the office", having fun somewhere, until ~May 19.
So I will sum up the process by saying the clip is accessed from the right-hand side, as long as the handle is pointed at 12 o'clock. This applies both to window and door handle. A flat tool, having slight curve (think tablespoon but not cupped like a spoon), you get it behind the spring clip and pry out 1/8". While holding that, jiggle/pull the handle off the shaft.
The pictures help visualize the process, although they are not the best.
hope this helps
Roger

[Still packin'! Here are your pix uploaded, Roger... Dan]
PICT0012.JPG
PICT0014.JPG
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0017.JPG
53619PLF

Re: window crank-door handle removal

Post by 53619PLF »

Roger,

Those pictures help alot to see how the window crank and door handle clips are, especially to me since I have never had mine off yet.

Thanks
Tim
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks Roger; found this on an old thread,pics helped alot!! I used the table spoon method as you described Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hey that's great! The removal procedure is difficult to describe, and I am a "visual" guy anyway-the photos were my "words".