Battery Hold Down

Got a question? This is the place to ask
53619PLF

Battery Hold Down

Post by 53619PLF »

I have looked at different pictures on the Showcase, and was wanting to know what the correct battery hold down looks like as mine is missing. Does anyone make the original style hold downs ? I tried to go to Gary Goers website, but nothing would actually come up on the catalog to shop online, just a blank page. I looked at Wil Eichelburg's car, and it says he bought that car brand new, and it looks like a piece goes on the top perimeter edges of the battery. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have Gary Goers most recent catalog ? I think this catalog question has come up before.

Thank You
Tim Baker
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Battery Hold Down

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

The #10 catalog was in the vendor section of the forum,

Here is a quick link to get there. I just received a package of parts from him and it took a day under 3 weeks but was pleased with the parts.

I think the box type of hold down ended in 58 but I will let others chime in on the subject matter.

John Q.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1510
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Here is a listing on Ebay that says it is good for a 59 model year. I have seen the same across bar to the two vertical threaded studs as being straight across instead of zig zagy (is that a word?)

Just posting it, not saying it is right or wrong for our cars...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-Ba ... ccessories

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Great question. I often wondered about this myself. My car has the straight across top bar. Don't know if this is correct or if the zig zagy one is. Anyway, mine is straight.
Just a little side note on batteries. I have a modern battery in my car and took the mfg stickers off. That way it's all black and doesn't stand out so much.
My 2 car show buddies both have the top cap period correct batteries in their cars ('71 Super Bee & '70 Cuda) so I might have to $$pring for one :)
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Fins59 wrote:.
My 2 car show buddies both have the top cap period correct batteries in their cars ('71 Super Bee & '70 Cuda) so I might have to $$pring for one :)
If it is the red cap versions then it is what Mopar called their Group 27 Battery. The lower CCA version has the Yellow caps

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

53619PLF

Post by 53619PLF »

I see the zig zag type hold down on ebay, but I am also missing the stud on the engine side of the tray. I am guessing that the hole in the lower battery tray side is where the other stud should go, but it must be a hook on that side to be able to be secured when a wing nut is attached across the top. Does anyone know where the rest of these parts can be obtained ?

Thank You
Tim Baker
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Tim, just a couple days ago there was a used set on Ebay...

I would contact John Fowlie (Big M auto) on this forum and send him a PM. He operates a Forward Look yard (at least most are) and he could score some for you.

Go to the top of this forum and look for the Members list and look under "B" for Big M and will give you his website and you can PM him with your requests.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

In my opinion, the zig-zag hold-down is correct. There is a fixed bolt on the fender side, and a hooked rod with wingnut holds down the engine side.
I'm confident Mr Fowlie will have what you need. I think I've seen them in the vendor section of WPC Magazine.