Rockin' Medallion

Got a question? This is the place to ask
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Dan, you had noted that there was were signs of previous body work in the area of the medallions, possibly the contouring was not done perfectly or after some years the filler has shrank. This is a common problem with plastic filler if put on too thick. To remedy the rocking problem without re-doing the body work, simply use a good quality clear silicone for automotive gasket sealing, and put a glob in the center of the medallion and reinstall. if any squeezes out at this time, just wipe the excess off [it will not damage your paint] let these set up after tightening, and you will have no looseness or have to worry about losing the medallions.if you ever need to take them off again, you will still be able to save them unlike using epoxy which has a stronger bond, and you can clean it off with a razor knife. Hope this helps, John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

John,
Have you received Email from me last week? I have not heard back from you~~~~~
roger
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hey John, I'm likin' this suggestion! Thanks a lot...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Roger, I believe I sent you an e-mail regarding the SF parts car earlier. Please let me know if you have received it. And to Dan, you are most welcome. I wish I was to the point of installing the medallions on my own car! ---John
In rust we trust!