That little window

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Oke, i got the window out now. I have some more questions. Does the pivot and bracket form 1 piece or are they 2 pieces???? Our pivot is stuck inside the door and the bracket is inside our house now so they are 2 pieces now. How can i glue the window back to the rubber and the rubber in the bracket??
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

matthew, this is getting complicated! See Ebay Item 7901688339 for a good picture, although that part is not for 2 door hardtops. The pivot shaft is supposed to be welded to the trough. If yours is not (please post picture?), you need a new one.
If all is okay, use clear silicone to glue rubber to trough, then more to glue glass to rubber.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

The window is back in now. I checked the other window and the pivot needs to be attached to the bracket. The one on the passenger side is good but the one on the drivers side is broken. The pivot is in the door and does not come out! I tried a couple times to get it out but it's in there forever i think. The rest of the window is fixed! Thanks for all the help. That stupid piece of paper is gone forever.
Oh yeah, Roger. You sended my dad an mail with some stuff you have. Do you have the 3 clips for the vent louver??? We only have 3 and still need 3. 1 of our vent louvers is loose in there.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

that littel vent window

Post by rogerh »

sorry to hear the shaft broke off. You won't get it out without taking the inner panel off the door (maybe even more disassembly) because the shaft is held in a clamp with a screw, which would need to be loosened.

Yes, I have the one dashvent louver in a bag, with the three holding clips.
(Your English is very good!)
Roger