new member john quinn

Your banter here!
rogerh

new member john quinn

Post by rogerh »

to New Member John Quinn,
With a 70 Cuda convertible (worth 6 figures restored) in the works, it will be awhile yet before you get to the Plymouth convertible, but I just had to write and say how captivating your photos are..the lonely Plymouth, partly stripped, waiting out the seasons on the wide open prairies of Montana, now "rescued" and under cover in Colorado. best of luck!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi John - Welcome aboard, I will be in Montana in about 3 weeks visiting kin folks in Anaconda, MT. will be going thru Whitehall, MT. where Freman Auto is located, (6,000 cars) about 15, 59 Plymouths. I get a lot of parts from him for my 59 SF and 63 Galaxie Conv. I'm going to pay him a visit and see what he has. If you know of any more 59 SF convertibles growing in the Montana prarie let me know and I will pluck it and tale it back to Florida with me. Some guys have all the luck a Cuda AND A 59 SF convertible.
Good Luck
Dick Koch
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

70 Cuda adn 59 Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Roger, I jsut now found your kind comments after I joined last year,I am still navigating this web site a bit. The Cuda is my key car to restore, but I had to farm out the body work to others to get that done, I am learning how to do patch panels on this one my self, I am almost all set to Mig weld the rear quarter panels on and then start grinding the weld joint,
I am actually spending more time on the 59 Belevedere convert then the Cuda. I just met Tom Fox up in Cheyenne, Wyo as he is heading to Chryslers at Carlise and he brought me a new (old ) passenger door to replace my rusty one. He had also sold me the 3 missing door moldings at a great price. Nice guy!
I hope to get 59 up and running by the end of summer with a 1960 413 that I am freshening up a bit with new gaskets. Color of the car is the big item, I can not decide and may leave this up to my wife and daughter to work out a 50's color other then black. I am leaning towards Coral or Persian Pink just to make a statement .Where do you get interior kits for these cars? Do most use SMS or others?

thanks for you thoughts!

John
Arvada,Colo
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

wow, that Tom Fox is really getting around! Carlisle in July, then Canada in August for the Regional.
I got my interior from two places, SMS of Oregon, and OAI (Original Auto Interiors) of Trumble, Michigan. Tom guided me on this..
SMS is the ONLY place to get the original-looking, but all-new fabric material, as far as I know.
Vinyl is available in lots of places, but OAI had some sturdy (thicker) material, IN the color I wanted (to match my exterior paint) AND they knew the correct "bison grain" and where to get it done.
OAI also has seat covers from the 50's, if you like what's available, you might save some $..