Starting 59 resto

bustionironi

Starting 59 resto

Post by bustionironi »

Hello everyone, Ted from ABQ., NM here. Dad left me his 59 fury when he passed like 6 years ago. He had stripped the paint starting to restore it. I've been storing it and the time has come to start the restoration process. It's running and driving but need to get rid of a lot of especially in floor pans, quarters and eye brows. Would be nice to be able to find some floor pans, trunk pan, fenders and quarters :lol:
image.png
Dick Koch

Re: Starting 59 resto

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Ted - Welcome aboard, l have done two 59 Ply restorations and was able to source 95% of stuff l needed on ebay. John Fowlie at BIG M has several parts cars and is another good source. Any soft items can be sourced at www.garygoers.com. we are always ready to help with any questions you may have. Keep us posted. Post the Vin number of your car and Matthew will give you all the build data. There may be a build sheet from the factory in the seat springs or on top of the gas tank. Try to save and protect it.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
bustionironi

Post by bustionironi »

Thanks. The car is complete less the wiper and lighter knob but needs some stuff to be completely replaced because it's just too beat up to salvage.
image.jpeg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Welcome, Ted! You say the car is complete except for those two items, but I see the bumper and valance are missing. Do you have those, but they are just off the car?

If you are in need of a valance, I saw one pretty beat up in a facebook post, but it was cheap - it may be gone now, but I could check. At any rate, I know a guy that restores them as a hobby :mrgreen:

Dan (owned by Faulkner)
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Wat chu talkin bout??? He retired.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
bustionironi

Post by bustionironi »

Faulkner wrote:Welcome, Ted! You say the car is complete except for those two items, but I see the bumper and valance are missing. Do you have those, but they are just off the car?

If you are in need of a valance, I saw one pretty beat up in a facebook post, but it was cheap - it may be gone now, but I could check. At any rate, I know a guy that restores them as a hobby :mrgreen:

Dan (owned by Faulkner)

I have the bumpers, balance, emblems, etc. they are just off the car already.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Great! Fury build in Evansville.
Do you know the original colors?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”