Matthew Keij

Re: Finish the Jingle

Post by Matthew Keij »

So did I win? :lol:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

You did! A week in my garage, with blanket, pillow and all the cheesesteaks you can eat! :mrgreen:
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, If that is the prize I am kicking my self for not coming up with a better jingle!!! That sounds like a dang good prize to me! Free cheesecake and 24/7 Faulkner action 8) :lol: :P

So when I saw that news paper ad showing the contest winners I instantly recognized the name Mccune and if you have ever cruised up and down the "Mile Of Cars" in National City San Diego you would know it too :D the Mile of Cars is the name of the main strip in National City, its a long strip of new and used dealerships at the city center and its THE place to buy a new car in San Diego and home to the largest Chrysler dealership in the South West!

Any way the salesman pictured standing next to the HT is Dick Mccune, he started Mccune Motors in San Diego, a MoPar dealership and was super successful in the early 70's his son Richard "Tony" Mccune the 2nd took over and the dealership grew to be the largest MoPar dealerships in the south west, but 3 or 4 years ago he retired and Mccune Motors was bought by Perry automotive, Which now owns multiple dealerships across SoCal and most of the dealerships on the MoC. Mccune Motors became Perry Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.

I am gonna google some more and see if I cant find some more info on the original Mccune dealership in 59! I am not sure if the current dealership is built on the same spot as the one in 1959. I know for sure the current building is pretty new. Just cool to think I may have drove by where that photo was taken!
big m

Post by big m »

I wonder of any of the awarded cars or Juniors still exist? I guess you could try to track down the winner's that were listed.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 pm I'm including here one of two different brochures that were mailed with the packet - I suppose they targeted audiences, but I don't know for sure. I'll try to get around to scanning the second brochure soon.
I got around to it! And here it is.

brochure2.pdf
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"