E-BRAKE,MISSING PART?

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Mark Merritt

E-BRAKE,MISSING PART?

Post by Mark Merritt »

Hello; I would like to know if I'am missing A cable adjustment part,the shop manual shows A bushing at the cable entance to the tubular guide.It calls it part# 1406 964,but that is as much as I know. The cable shield has a nut and a lock nut[secondary],problem is the threaded sheild moves freely when inside the tubular guide even whith the entrance bolt/nut drawn together.I have pics to show the e-brake assembley.The cable seems way too long and is adjusted all the way to the end,and I have about Afoot of pull at the e-brake handle and the brake won't hold.I have installed new shoes,adjusted the shoes to just kiss the drum.Also does anyone know where I can get an adjustment cover that goes on the back side of the e-brake backing plate[held with 2 screws].Thanks Mark P.S.I pulled the motor and tranny for a rebuild.
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
rogerh

Re: E-BRAKE,MISSING PART?

Post by rogerh »

A foot of pedal travel is TOO much! As I recall, there is supposed to be an adjustment "nut" just outside the tailshaft brake. Someone with the full info will reply soon. My Parts Book is in storage...
I believe the Parts Book is now viewable on-line...
You certainly can get an access door from John Fowlie @ Big M Auto Salvage, Williams, CA
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks Roger,I'll get in contact with him!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I went to storage and got my Book out. Here is a (blurry) photograph.
P1040144.JPG