57-59 Dual Antenna repops

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
mikes2nd

57-59 Dual Antenna repops

Post by mikes2nd »

These are heading to the chromer soon, these are the tilt base type.

They should be ready to ship in a month.

The first pic is the new and the old, the full pic is the repop
antenna.jpg
Antenna2.jpg
Matthew Keij

Re: 57-59 Dual Antenna repops

Post by Matthew Keij »

Nice! Do these come with the masts?

How much are these?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

yes they will come complete with gaskets and masts. I am finalizing price based on polishing/chroming costs.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hi Mike,

Vans apparently caught wind of your plans to produce the antennas. When I called and spoke to them today, I was informed that the setup costs would be astronomical, and given that you were planning to make them, decided to pack it in. They will be returning my loaners to me, and I will have them rechromed.

But for those who are still looking for reproductions - can you advise if you are now producing these, and what the costs will be?

Thanks
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

I am working on them slowly, I got held up with life big time like everyone.

I am buffing and polishing when I can get a couple free hours here and there, there is a lot of labor in just one piece :)

I have the chromer all ready to go.

I am not sure of cost but they wont be crazy. I think the old guy in florida charged 450$ plus 100$ for the antenna's. I will be under that obviously.

I played phone tag with Vans a couple times to discuss selling through them.

It will happen though and im hoping to have them ready in the spring.

I didn't pay all this money to have them made and sit in a box :) I need 3 pair myself.
molded.jpg
vic barone

Post by vic barone »

Howdy

Just curious

Would you sell a pair unfinished? And if so how much

Would you also be able to supply the antenna

Cheers

Vic
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

I am considering selling them like that unfinished and I bought a stock of old replacement antennas.

I have been sidelined due to weather and job but I will get them when it warms up.

I'm working on the headliner perforated section while I wait for the garage to be warm.
grant4405

Post by grant4405 »

are you also working on reproducing perforated headliner??
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

Yes, with and without the pattern. I can polish in the cold so I worked on that during winter now that's its warming up I can polish, headliners will be rolling soon.

how wide is the 59 headliner fiber board? its like the Dodges right? sideways instead of lengthways like the 57-58?

If this goes well, I will make affordable headliner strips in clear plastic(can be painted). The legwork is done just waiting for me to write a sizable check to get the tooling and setup done.

I even have a plan for the big side panels with the ribs in them if there is enough interest. That involves a cnc plasma cutter though...
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

The headliner on the 57-58-59 Plymouths run from front to back. 57-58 are slightly longer then 59's
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Just to offer some encouragement I'm very interested in a pair when you get to them.
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

Matthew Keij wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:09 pm The headliner on the 57-58-59 Plymouths run from front to back. 57-58 are slightly longer then 59's
length is no issue, width is the issue.
grant4405

Post by grant4405 »

matthew is right. dodge and Plymouth are different. I have a 58 dodge and a 59 Plymouth that I can get you measurements on if you need
mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

Cool yeah I have the Plymouth length of the 58 but I want to confirm all lengths and widths, I have the front and rear pattern off a 57 dodge.

I would imagine the Desoto used the same size as the dodge. I don't have the wagon info so ill need to get that.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:47 pm Vans apparently caught wind of your plans to produce the antennas. When I called and spoke to them today, I was informed that the setup costs would be astronomical, and given that you were planning to make them, decided to pack it in. They will be returning my loaners to me, and I will have them rechromed.
After many emails back and forth, I was told I would get them back as soon as they received them from the plant they had asked to quote them. The cost proved exorbitant, so they backed out. I finally received them today:
IMG_3087.JPG
And now I know what took them so long - look where they went!
IMG_3088.JPG
Well, I'll get them plated along with the taillight housings. But that will have to wait until I get back from the Emerald Isle. There's Uber now to take me to the airport!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"