Faulkner gets a Redo

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Matthew Keij

Re: Faulkner gets a Redo

Post by Matthew Keij »

Those 2 bolts just hold the bracket and outer housing in its place. You can remove them and paint the bracket black when you get it back :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks gentleman. The brackets are off and bagged for safekeeping, and the unit is on its way to Lares (by way of Rock Auto).
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Well, I'm not actually getting anything accomplished, but I'm continuing my buying spree!

I'm replacing all the hoses, but by the time I put everything in my basket at Rock Auto and looked at the shipping charges, I was getting killed. So I headed over to Amazon using the Gates part numbers from Rock Auto, and even though the parts were a bit more expensive, shipping is free (with Amazon Prime). I ordered Friday night, they arrived Sunday morning. You can't beat that!

IMG_5724.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg
Frankford Plating swears by this stuff for polishing chrome - I'm going to give it a try
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; What is the contact info for the fellow the makes the floor mats? I am looking for A set. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark, in black? I don't know that you can get them anymore; here's a PM on the Forward Look Forum from Jim Mikolajczak ("CustomRoyal"):
Jim Mikolajczak wrote: Hi Dan
I'll get back to you towards the end of the week with a picture and shipping cost. Don't have a supply to sell. This is an extra set I had for my cars.
Thanks
Jim
I'm not sure if he made them, or supplied them - but there are other colors available on eBay or from Andy Bernbaum: coral, green, off-white, I think. I'll PM you Jim's email address, just in case he might be able to come up with more black.

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; Yeah I was looking for black. That's the guy I sent an e mail to about A week ago but I have not heard back from him. From what I read it sounds like he makes them. I thought maybe you had someone else,yours look great.I will give it more time maybe he is busy. I see the one's on e-bay and I contacted the mopar parts web site and he too say's black can not be had right now, maybe A number of months for now. Thanks for your help. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

55 survivor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm I see the one's on e-bay and I contacted the mopar parts web site and he too say's black can not be had right now, maybe A number of months for now.
"mopar-direct" has been telling me maybe in a couple months for over a year now :twisted:

As I look at what else he has to offer, it looks suspiciously like what Andy Bernbaum sells - I suspect they are one and the same.

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

You can get just about anything on Amazon! The exact same size as the original heater vent hose - a little gray paint, and voila.

IMG_5737.JPG
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick and I have been having a sidebar - but, I'll post the pix here of Faulkner's toilet seat aluminum trim, and ask him what he thinks.

(subliminal message: Say you'll take a crack at it, Dick)
IMG_5739.JPG
a little ding
IMG_5740.JPG
45 years of evaporating water after a Boise rainstorm
IMG_5741.JPG
scratches here and there
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks Dan !!!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan - ship it. Mine was just like yours. I will have to remove the anodise down to bare aluminum then polish. It will be very shiney, almost like stainless steel trim. You will have to hand polish once in a while and keep it carnauba waxed. I will send you pictures of mine tomorrow.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

It will be winging its way to you, Dick! But not today - perhaps this weekend. Today, I shovel...

Capture.JPG

What's all this about the Spring Solstice?!? :evil:
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

We have free snow removal, heh, heh, heh.
Dick
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

OK, here are some pictures of the "SPORT DECK" on Charlene. The anodize is totally removed to bare aluminum then machine polished to a high shine. When polishing in the future be absolutely sure there are no abrasives in the polish because fine scratch marks will shurly show up. Then use carnauba wax. Same goes for stainless steel trim and chrome. Some chromed trim pieces will start to show tiny rust spots. Unless you have them rechromed use 0000 steel wool to clean then carnauba wax.
Dick.
20180321_162757_North Kay Street.jpg
20180321_162748_North Kay Street.jpg
20180321_162733_North Kay Street.jpg
20180321_162712_North Kay Street.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Those are beautiful, Dick. Makes me want to head out to the garage right now to take mine off, and...

Oh, yeah.