Welting for Simulated Spare Tire Cover

Looking for something? Post it here!
BBliven

Welting for Simulated Spare Tire Cover

Post by BBliven »

Wondering if anyone can tell me where I can order some Welting that slips onto the lip of the Spare Tire Cover? I believe it is the same material that surronds the Tail Light housings. I imagine it is intended to protect the paint.

We are restoring a 59 Belvedere Convertible and need this and several other parts. All help in locating the exact Welting is greatly appreciated.
Brad
tomf

Post by tomf »

Hi Brad, and welcome to the site. I have used a door edge guard material for my spare tire covers. It comes in a roll and is usually clear plastic. You can cut it to length and paint it. I used the same argent silver that I use on the wheels and front valance. When you cut it to fit leave it as long as possible because it will shrink a tiny bit.
Good luck on your project, Tom Fox
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Brad - If you want to be politically correct Gary Goers has the correct grey edging (same for simulated wheel cover and rear taillights) or you can get chrome plated door edging in a roll. I used it for my wheel cover and taillights (not correct but "looks good" and affordable) after all, its not a points car.
Dick.
BBliven

Welting

Post by BBliven »

Thanks Tom and Dick, The owner of this Belvedere wants everything as original as possible so I appreciate the lead to Gary. Unfortunately I'm not sure I know how to contact him. Do you happen to know how I can get in touch with him?
Brad
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

GARY GOERS:

37 Amdhal Lane
Kalispell, MT 59901

http://www.garygoers.com (I have had trouble pulling it up)
e-mail goers@garygoers.com

Phone 406-752-6249

He has a catalog for $4.00