Crank case vent gases

Got a question? This is the place to ask
ginog01

Re: Crank case vent gases

Post by ginog01 »

Okay Roger, or Mr. Wizard, I see the pic, thanks !!!
Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Lancaster, PA
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Sorry Gino, I can't help you with the photo problem. :( I don't understand much of the computer stuff. It may have something to do with a setting on your camera, more likely a program associated with the camera. I use a (Konica) Minolta Dimage with associated software installed, maybe that allows me to have the right size pics. Maybe Dan Morton or Ron Keij will be able to assist you?
As for the crankcase venting, first let me say that 3/4" rubber hose is too big!..the metal draft tube on my car is only 1/2".
As I wrote earlier, I sold most of my miscellaneous collection to John Fowlie. I had two draft tubes...but they are different shapes for different engines. I also had an old style cap WITH nipple which I got off an early 60's junk car. I will look for it as soon as practical. I suppose an old-style cap like that isn't sold at the local parts store anymore, but it's worth a look...(it might have to be chrome..)
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hey Gino,
Me again, I mis-understood your photo thing...Dan M got your avatar pic in, that's great. He is THE wizard! Also a heck of a host, and mechanic! TWSAM, we call him!
I see you can post pics, so let's move on!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I just looked in the garage, it is a certainty that I sold the springy-finger valve cover cap with nipple to John Fowlie.
BigM auto @colusanet.com
Email him a request, or shop your local parts store- :)
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

u can still buy those oil caps new. i know we stock them for late 70's fords, they're like 4-5 bucks. my 78 neport/ 400cid has the same cap on it- it shoots strait to the outside of the aircleaner box, id imagine u can find one pretty readily. of course mr gasket offers a chrome version (like 15 bucks) if u desire to go that route.--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

Just a bit of information. Direct Connection sells a pcv system that is identical to the originals, with the cap and everything, look in their restoration parts. I used a 1960 carb with the pcv connection on it just adding the correct length of 3/8 fuel line or pcv line.. or you could use your original carb with a base plate spacer you add a 3/8 nipple too. This sure is alot better than breathing road draft fumes. Chrysler used a Douglas Donaldson valve as early as 1951 on the hemi engine. they were fastened into where the draft tube normally was fastened on the valley plate filler. I have been told this also helps the engine to have less cylinder wear. Hope this will help
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

RickyMopar, Can you supply the part number for us. I don't have a Direct Connection catalog in my stash of Car manuals. I do have a Year One and a Paddock catalog maybe it is in there.

Thanks for you help! :D

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

OK Here we go!The kit number for the PVCand caps package is P4529895'Sorry about the omission of the emission control device.' Chrome even.