UFOs (Unidentified Finned Objects)

Your banter here!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

rogerh wrote:Matthew, If you have time, maybe go back to the ForwardLook site and send out a general message asking about the car? I know there is at least one Australian on one of these two Lists, either this one or FL...
Can you explain this a bit better for me??
I found the pic in "Unsorted pics" so I don't know if they have any info about it
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Wagon_Fins

Post by Wagon_Fins »

here another although i can give you a small amount of info on it.

We have just bought this baby to add to the Dodge Collection, its a 59 Dodge Suburban Wagon, actually its a 59 Plymouth back with the 59 Dodge Front, i dont know why they built it like this, (maybe due to Dodge being an established brand name in Aus where Plymouth wasnt).

It was originally brought into the country for the Woomera Service men, US base in far north South Australia. The rego plates are the orginal 1st issue ones. BUT the wierd thing is its LHD. We drive on the LHS of the road here, so why bring in a LHD car? maybe to make the service man feel at home, i dunno.

Ill give you the number that we have found on it for someone to decode as we are having trouble finding a match.

Model ME2L25
Body Number 163
Paint Code A
Trim Code MLF
Engine Number M878100562

It still has the Jiffy Jet bag in the engine bay and has only travelled 34,000 miles. The diff does have a bit of a whine, we need to find a complete indictor mech, a full set of NOS locks for doors ignition and glove box for it and would also like to find a pair of the RIGHT rear bumper over riders as the ones on it wont let the tail gat down flat, but other than that it doesnt seem to need anything (radial Tyres will replace the Cross plys it now wears)

any help IDing this car is much appreciated
ps i hope you dont mind a Dodge in your midst (PLODGE)

is a Plymouth,, its a Dodge,, NO its a Plodge!!!!

id love you hear from all other Aussie 59 owners

Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Welcome aboard, Flic and Andrew! (I got your names from the email you sent me privately.) Here's a second cousin to your wagon, all the way from South Africa:

http://www.59sportfury.net/59forum/view ... =1340#1340

I believe this vehicle belongs to Robin Jacobs, with whom I've corresponded:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 4:16 PM
To: dan@59plymouth.net

hi dan thanks for the reply i have a 59 dodge kingsway. in case you might not know its the closest thing to a 59 belvedere barring the front fenders, hood, and grille and lights. problem is there is no info on the net for a kingsway so i will have to join a plymouth site.

thanks again i hope my vehicle is acceptable to the plymouth group!
ROBIN, CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA
Robin promises to send more pix -- but, I've not seen them yet. Perhaps you could email him, and compare notes! Jeez... seems like I should set up a "Plodge" section in the showcase...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Wagon_Fins

Post by Wagon_Fins »

HAHAHA funny thing that,, flic sent you an email last night while i was at work, i got home and decided to do some more searching and found your site unaware of the email sent,,,,

A Plodge section would be a great idea, as seaches of the WWW turn up no info at all on these oddball cars. Unfortunatly i cant supply any onfo as i have none,,, just pics for now, but i will endeavour to pass all info on to add to the site if a Plodge section is created.

According to all print literature weve found these cars dont exist!

We have many many Plodges in Aus, all the Dodge Phoenixs (phoeni?) from 65 on are all rebadged Plymouth Beleveders or other models. My website has pics of them http://www.100megsfree3.com/dodgephoenix/index.html
is a Plymouth,, its a Dodge,, NO its a Plodge!!!!

id love you hear from all other Aussie 59 owners