repaint!

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Ron Keij

Re: repaint!

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Curt,

If we keep ourselves to the speed limits it is less than a 10 minute drive to the shop! And when we come home from work we can take a one minute detour (that will take an hour once I get there :lol: ). Matthew's ride wasn't too chilly, the weather was very good for just one day. It was about 42 F but with no wind and a bit of sunshine, and matthew is used to driving with the windows down.

Your parking light lenses will be part of the restoration so you contribution will be reminded with every turn we make :!:

I keep checking for tickets and I still hope they are getting cheaper. The problem is that with the oil price dropping the US $$ gets more expensive for us :evil: But we (Marjo and I) will be there and Matthew is still in doubt. And I spoke Andre on the phone last weekend and he wants to join us too, so at least we have our master mechanic with us in case a car brakes down :)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Just came back from checking out the car!

They didn't had much work done but it's a good start. He started with the rust on the bottom on the rear window/
I made some pics but they are on my dad's camera. When I get them I will upload them
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

And the pictures!

41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
Signs of the previous restoration
44.jpg
The beginning of removing the rust
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

That loks like a tough repair spot, but they will do a great job. My brother had his Amphicar stripped and all rust then repaired...the photos showing the skill were amazing (to me).
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron, Matthew -- it's such a beautiful thing to see that rust being cut away, soon to be replaced with new steel. Chrissie was always such a beautiful car, but now...

I can't wait to see more pix!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:I can't wait to see more pix!

Dan
We can't wait too, but I went there Friday and they had been working on another car and nothing was done to our car since Wednesday :(
I hope for an update next Monday.

Ron
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Can be frustrating not to see progress from day to day. Warn them there a alot of powerful and important people awaiting substantial progress reports. Steve
Marjo Keij

Post by Marjo Keij »

Faulkner wrote:Ron, Matthew -- it's such a beautiful thing to see that rust being cut away, soon to be replaced with new steel. Chrissie was always such a beautiful car, but now...

I can't wait to see more pix!

Dan
Dan, even I can't wait till she's back home. It's so sad to see her naked. :(
But when she is ready and she is coming home,then we will give a party with balloons and a cake with 50 candles. It'll be an early birthday.

Marjo
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Marjo wrote:Dan, even I can't wait till she's back home. It's so sad to see her naked. :(
But when she is ready and she is coming home,then we will give a party with balloons and a cake with 50 candles. It'll be an early birthday.

Marjo

Marjo,

It is great to see your post here. Now you can tell us information as well especially when Ron and Matthew are busy. I bet Chrissie will be beautiful in no time after her cosmetic surgery!

Keep on posting!

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
roliboni

Post by roliboni »

Hello, everyone.

Ron and Matthew, I must say you're really brave this restoration work to do. But as you see, it was also urgently needed. :wink:

Here comes the memories of old times back. 17 years ago my Plymi saw similar. :roll:

If interested, I can also post a few images of these restoration. 8)

Until the spring I also have had a lot of my Plymi repaired and enhanced. :D

I would like to take this opportunity to warmly with Tom, Ron and the other men who have made it possible that I finally after 17 years of searching, my lack Valance could assemble.

So many, many thanks!

Roland
DSCF0489.JPG
Mopar or no car ;O)
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Steve Storey wrote:Can be frustrating not to see progress from day to day. Warn them there a alot of powerful and important people awaiting substantial progress reports. Steve
I called them last Monday and told them about all the important and powerfull people awaiting update reports. They sincerely apologized for the delay 8) The problem is that they make their money working on daily drivers and they only take on 1 special project at a time. When we took our Plymouth there they should have been finished with a Landrover they had been doing. They had some delays on that project since the chassis was beyond repair and they had to buy a new one, yes that is right you can just buy a new chassis for old English cars.
I told them that I didn't want them to rush anything but that I'd like to keep informed about the progress. They wil call me next Monday and they hope that they will be able to start working on the Plymouth early next week.

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

roliboni wrote:
If interested, I can also post a few images of these restoration. 8)

Roland
Roland,

please do post your pictures! If you need any help in translating your German to English just let me know by email.
Bitte, wann du hilfe braucht schick mir eine email und Ich kann die Deutsche teksten umsetzen.
roliboni wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to warmly with Tom, Ron and the other men who have made it possible that I finally after 17 years of searching, my lack Valance could assemble.

Roland
No thanks needed, I was very happy when I saw the big smile on your face when I handed over the valance. And seeing your car inspired us to go on with the restoration.

Ron
roliboni

Post by roliboni »

ooohps is my english so bad? :oops:
Mopar or no car ;O)
Dick Koch

Garage - Phase 1.

Post by Dick Koch »

This is the garage I built on the side of my house to house two cars and a lot of stuff. I built this about 3 years ago all by myself except for the slab and the electrics and wanted to send pictures but couldn't figure out how until now. It's 16' x 53'. Had to build it in two stages. Could only go 48' because of the overhead power lines (code). Had the power lines buried then completed the rest. Store cars end to end. I haven't the faintest idea where all the "stuff" came from, it seemed to appear over night. I was keeping the cars in Costco Garages but insurance wants them in locked garages. I still needed a place for two more cars so after pleading and begging and promising a new kitchen I was "allowed" to build a garage with a lift, store one car over and one under. I bought the lift used from one of the car guys (two post, 9000 lb.) trouble was he had it installed outside and when I got it home it laid on its side for about a year and a half with water in one of the cylinders, it leaked oil like crazy so had to have it replaced. Believe me guys a lift is a Godsend, especially at my age. I will send picture of the Phase 2 garage later.
Dick.
100_1355.jpg
This is the first 48 feet.
100_1365.jpg
This is last section.
100_1388.jpg
It had to be built this way because of setbacks and codes.
100_1403.jpg
100_1466.jpg
100_1361.jpg
This is some of the "stuff"
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
tomf

Post by tomf »

Hi Roland,

I enjoyed being a part of helping you get your valance.

For those who might wonder how I was involved in the process of getting this valance to Roland, it started when Roland listed under WANTED on the website forum for the pan that goes between the bumper and the grille that is the top half of the valance. I responded to him that I had that piece and in ongoing emails he told me he had bought the lower part on ebay from a guy in Iowa. They hadn't figured out how to ship it to Luxembourg, so I started communicating with Pete Sauser in Iowa about getting the two pieces together to save freight costs. So on my trip to Carlisle in 07 with my SF, we met Pete in Iowa and picked up the lower half of the valance and hauled it on to Carlisle and then back to Oregon.

While at Carlisle, Ron Keij told me about a guy in Arizona that collected items and loads a container and ships to Europe. I contacted this guy and made arrangements for him to receive my shipment from Oregon. In the mean time Ron had purchased some side trim and some other pieces from Roger Howard in Seattle. Roger met my wife who was on a business trip in Seattle and sent his parts home with her to join up with Roland's parts. I built a plywood box and packed it up tight and shipped it to Mesa, Arizona. The container finally made it to somewhere near where Ron received it and got Roland's pieces to him. Maybe Ron can tell us about where it arrived and how he got together with Roland.

Tom Fox