2 door Suburban field-find

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
rogerh

2 door Suburban field-find

Post by rogerh »

John Fowlie asked me to go look at this car to see if it would be worth his time to drive 800 miles one-way to pick it up.
The car has been in this field for 40 years. Lots of surface rust. The six-cyl engine and manual tranny are in cargo area. The doors won't open. This is a base-model with radio delete, no dash beauty panels, etc. Bumpers look undamaged. All glass (except windshield) is good. Has an intact pair of sought-after defrost louvers. Tailgate looks to be solid. Front fenders actually look solid, at least on top. The wagon's passenger side still displays some stainless, but the drivers side is pushed against another delelict car so I couldnt see much. The car is an hour's drive from me. The woman is trying to clean up her late father's farm. She refuses to accept $200 from the scrapper and has it listed at $500.
Last edited by rogerh on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Keij

Re: 2 door Suburban field-find

Post by Ron Keij »

Here are the pictures Roger sent me vy email:
Edgewood Plymouth 016.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 017.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 018.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 019.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 020.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 021.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 022.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 023.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 024.jpg
Edgewood Plymouth 025.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
indian301

Post by indian301 »

I would like the stainless steel trim from the doors for my Suburban.

Dave
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

she won't part it out, which makes little sense since she KNOWS it's a parts car. Not only do I not have any equipment (rollback flatbed) for removing it from her property, I have no place to take it for dismantling.
Looking again at one of the views of the front end, I think I can make out at least a portion of a valance. And I know folks are always looking for those dashboard louvers.
I haven't heard what John thinks of the car.
Is this car a heater delete, too? There are just two buttons above teh ignition key.
She told me her brother drove the car to Alaska and back, then signed it over to their dad.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I phoned the seller again today, and politely asked if she would allow some parts to be removed and paid for. Her response was if you are willing to pay her $500, you can take what parts you want, and leave the rest for her to sell to the crusher.
It's so sad when folks can't see the forest for the trees. :(
indian301

Post by indian301 »

Roger,

Thanks for trying to talk some sense into her. Some people just don't get it.

Dave