"Avatar" feature now enabled

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

"Avatar" feature now enabled

Post by Faulkner »

Do you have a picture of yourself, or your car, that you'd like to appear everytime you submit a post (like this one)? It's easy -- just create an icon on your computer that's no wider than 120 pixels, or taller than 80. (Microsoft Paint works just fine if you have a digital picture -- email me if you need details on how to create it. Or, I'd be happy to create it for you and email it to you.) Then, go to the profile button at the top of the Forum page. Near the bottom, you'll see the Avatar control panel. In the textbox where it says "Upload Avatar from your machine:" there's a "browse" button. Press that, and navigate to the location on your computer of the icon you've created. Press submit, and you're done! Next time you submit a post, you'll have an Avatar.

Thanks to Dennis de Boer (http://www.oldsmobile1958.com) for the hint.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh, kewl! I just looked at an old post of mine, and it shows my avatar! So it appears to be retroactive...

Dan
Rocket88

Re: "Avatar" feature now enabled

Post by Rocket88 »

Faulkner wrote:Do you have a picture of yourself, or your car, that you'd like to appear everytime you submit a post (like this one)? It's easy -- just create an icon on your computer that's no wider than 120 pixels, or taller than 80. (Microsoft Paint works just fine if you have a digital picture -- email me if you need details on how to create it. Or, I'd be happy to create it for you and email it to you.) Then, go to the profile button at the top of the Forum page. Near the bottom, you'll see the Avatar control panel. In the textbox where it says "Upload Avatar from your machine:" there's a "browse" button. Press that, and navigate to the location on your computer of the icon you've created. Press submit, and you're done! Next time you submit a post, you'll have an Avatar.

Thanks to Dennis de Boer (http://www.oldsmobile1958.com) for the hint.

Dan
No problem.. :wink:

You can now also view your car on my forum :D http://oldsmobile1958.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95

Keep up the good work :D
You heard of those dirty jalopies,
you heard of the noise they make,
let me reintroduce my new Rocket 88,

Jackie Brenston.. "Rocket 88".. Chess records 1951
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Trying out my avatar!
Faulkner

Re: "Avatar" feature now enabled

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:Do you have a picture of yourself, or your car, that you'd like to appear everytime you submit a post (like this one)? It's easy -- just create an icon on your computer that's no wider than 120 pixels, or taller than 80. (Microsoft Paint works just fine if you have a digital picture -- email me if you need details on how to create it. Or, I'd be happy to create it for you and email it to you.) Then, go to the profile button at the top of the Forum page. Near the bottom, you'll see the Avatar control panel. In the textbox where it says "Upload Avatar from your machine:" there's a "browse" button. Press that, and navigate to the location on your computer of the icon you've created. Press submit, and you're done! Next time you submit a post, you'll have an Avatar.
(*sigh*) not anymore... Folks, if you want an Avatar uploaded or changed, let me know. I got busted by my ISP for improper protections on the avatar directory, required by this version of phpBB to upload files into.

(Dennis, are you aware of a phpBB mod that eliminates this requirement with phpBB 2.0.6? The attachment mod gets around the requirement by using ftp, I believe...)

Dan