Seat Belts!

And, how not to! Show a fellow member how you did it, here
Faulkner

Seat Belts!

Post by Faulkner »

Yes - in a concession to my better half, I've agreed to put seat belts in Faulkner. She won't ride with me, without them! I ordered them from here:

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/

What a stroke of good fortune! Matthew arrived in Philly yesterday, and the seat belts arrived today! Now, that's classic timing.
IMG01358-20130621-1859.jpg
Oh, Matthew? Matthew, where are you?! Take the Market Street subway to 69th Street, and the 101 trolley to Wayne Avenue... Faulkner awaits.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: Seat Belts!

Post by rogerh »

Welcome back, Dan!!
Three-point harnesses? Where to attach the 3rd point?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks, Roger! They're actually called four point: "Our 4 point seat belts are universal to all makes and model vehicles and are labeled Federal Safety Standard approved #302!"

The third anchor is directly behind the seat, in the middle. I know they look dorky! But they're harness belts, and this way I don't have to anchor to the rear side panel, which would be in the way getting in and out. 'Sides, I'm only gonna wear 'em when MK's in the car! The rest of the time, out of sight, out of mind...
sb.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I only see three points for attachment, but hey, what's in a name anyway? Yes, that third bolt will be centered behind the seat, thru the floor as with the others.
I actually considered them when I was fixing the cvt, but I didnt want to make a mess of the quarter window sill area. I put in the old-style lap belts and never felt very safe in the car, at any speed over 30 mph. Getting older can do that to a person, esp when being tailgated by a modern Cadillac SUV or a jacked-up truck.
I'm happy for you she didnt specify airbags