Bob Hinds' Sport Fury

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

Bob Hinds' Sport Fury

Post by Faulkner »

Bob has hit a rough spot healthwise. He's putting his SF up for sale:
Bob Hinds wrote:...the antique car hobby is on hold. I have owned it for 23 years so its is time for someone else to enjoy it.

Note: a little over 80,000 miles on the original drive train. I have enjoyed the car for over 25,000 trouble free miles. No rust as Alabama does not use road salt. AACA First junior and senior awards in 1995. By invitation it was shown at the Keeneland Concours d- Elegance (Lexington, KY) in 2012. Many spare parts and four mounted bias ply tires included. More photos available, car is located in Alabama. You know how rare these cars are especially in excellent condition that drive well, recent full service that included all fluids, packing wheel bearings, new DOT 5 brake fluid and complete safety check. The only problem found was the U-joint boot which was replaced.

asking $29,900 OBO - please spread the word. Email bobjanehinds at bellsouth dot net or 205-381-0878.

Thanks for you help,

Robert
You can find more pictures and stories about Bob's car here: http://www.59plymouth.net/showcase/hinds/index.html

Dan

2.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: Bob Hinds' Sport Fury

Post by rogerh »

Robert was the '59 Plymouth Tech Advisor when I bought my first '59 Belvedere ~1992.
I know how difficult it can be to let one's pride and joy go, but when the time comes- and it comes for us all- one can only wish the car goes to someone who will fully appreciate and enjoy the car, and honor its former owner.
Best of luck to Robert, and best wishes with respect to his health.
schlaaj

Post by schlaaj »

Bob's 59 Sport Fury now rest in my garage here in Danville, Kentucky. The car was everything Bob said it was and I couldn't be more pleased to own and drive the car. Have had people start conversations while waiting for a street light to change and even had one follow me into a gas station and asked if he could look at the car. I was the guy who invited Bob to be in the Keeneland Concours in 2012. Earlier, I had been looking to buy a 59 Sport Fury and had talked with Bob about another 59 that was for sale at the time in California. Little did I realize one day I would actually own Bob's car. I couldn't be happier and remain in contact with him. He and his wife Jane are both very nice people.

Art Schlachter
Danville, Kentucky
aschlachter@roadrunner.com
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Art, thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forum as you are now in possession of very neat 59 Plymouth SF.

We look forward to hearing more about you and the car as you show it around the Danville, KY area.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/