White SF FS in Virginia Needs final assembly

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

White SF FS in Virginia Needs final assembly

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Just saw this White SF for sale on E Bay. 318 4bbl, Needs interior work and recovering. Looks like most of the parts are there.

Neat item shown in the pictures of the car, the owner has the original 59 Plymouth Delaware plant build sheet that was behind the interior pocket window. Hardly see those. Take a look at the pictures the owner posted and you will see it. Usually these have turn to dust or eaten by mice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Fury-S ... ars_Trucks

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Barnyard

Re: White SF FS in Virginia Needs final assembly

Post by Barnyard »

Hi, My name is Matt, along with my friend Jody we are selling this Sport Fury for a friend whose father owned and was restoring this car. He had multiple projects going on and multiple barns he stored the parts in. Needless to say finding the parts has been a job. I went to put the front seats in and believe there must be another piece between the seat frame and the base (or am I wrong). I am going to search through the barns more but any help in describing what I'm looking for would be appreciated. We are not dealers and are willing to make every effort to find everything for this car. We restore cars mainly for ourselves and understand how much time is lost searching for even the smallest part to complete a restoration.
If you could take a look at the Ebay listing and the You Tube link and give me any clues to what might be missing We and the potential buyer would appreciate it.
Thanks Matt
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Matt - By your pictures I see the seat frame and the sliders that it attaches to. The main concern I have are all the parts to assemble the front seat, Rollers for the swivel, nuts, Bolts etc. There should be a ton of other nuts and bolts also, especially for the doors. All the pieces to adjust the doors and to get them windows aligned properly. You have to have the parts books and maintenance manuals. I'm sure your friend has them somewhere. That would be a great help in finding all the parts. I have attached a picture of what the front seat should look like when it's assembled.
Dick.
file.jpg
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

I do have the plastic rollers,did not know what they were for but are in one of the photo's, and It looks like I have the main frame backwards! The photo is a big help.
The window regulators are in the doors and rear 1/4s
It was my friends father who just passed away. None of his kids took an interest so we are left to dig through different barns to figure out where he put what. And to make matters worse he had several cars apart.Also not having taken it apart it is an educated guess unless I find his notes and books.
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

I looked at this car a few days ago on eBay and thought that it would be a difficult but not impossible task to put this car together again. Without the parts and service manuals, it will be tedious. Whoever disassembled the vehicle should have photographed, bagged and taged the parts, especially the bolts, nuts, brackets, connectors and fasteners. That being said, I would first assemble all of the interior sections, dash, seats, trim, moldings, etc. together, inventory what is missing and go from there.
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

He did bag the parts and put them in a box but the bags disintegrated leaving a box of parts. Actually the only thing I was worried about was the front seat. The body and mechanical are done except it needs an exhaust system. The dash gauges are in and headliner. All it needs is the door and 1/4 glass installed, door panels, seats and carpet none of which beside the swinging front seats need any unique hardware. I'm not saying this is a weekend project but now that I see how the seat is supposed to go together I will do it the correct way and see if anything is missing.
I appreciate the help, Matt
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Hi Matt! The putting back together part would be an exercise in getting all the things back in the right spot and order. Those of us on this Forum that have taken one apart (some more then one!) Know where the parts go and what is missing and likely sources to get them.

The car is worth saving and getting back on the road. Now if you and the car were in Colorado... Hope me posting it here might help finding a home for this SF.

Do ask questions as we can ID parts for you with pictures and or descriptions. Pictures are better of course. This would be a great winter project for one of us...

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

Thanks again for the help. I really like this car and am impressed with the restoration skills of our friends father that did it. I could not find any sales of a Sport Fury in comparable condition but feel we started the auction at a bargain price. Did we?
We have to many projects at this time, all needing full restoration, but still I would kind of be glad if it does not sell and buy it myself. If that happens you will be hearing from my for awhile.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Matt - Gotta ask, what project could be better than a 59 Plymouth when almost all the hard work has been done????
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

They all need love! They are like stray animals we can't turn them away. We even have 2 Edsels so that shows we will take in anything!
Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

Thanks again for the seat base photo. I put it together today and it is cool how it swings.
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

There is one bid on this car auction on eBay. This means the car will be sold to one new owner in less than a week.
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Denver 59 Fin Convert

My work is done here then...Off to save women, children and Puppies now...Swoooooosh! :lol:

Glad it will fine a home with someone who cares about our 59's! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Barnyard: was the car sold? If so where did it go? Just curious. Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Barnyard

Post by Barnyard »

No it is not sold but has it's first bid. The auction ends on Tuesday.