Moulding Clip Question

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Mark Merritt

Moulding Clip Question

Post by Mark Merritt »

What type of trim clips do you use for the side trim upper and lower stainless? I would like to use the blade and nut instead of wire clips.It seems the wire type goes in harder and I don't want to risk tinking or damaging the trim,maybe bend them first to go in A little easier? Most holes are easy to get at there are only 2 near the front doors that would require wire clips the rest are easy to do. I know if you do the blade/spring clip with A nut you would need to take the door panels off to remove the trim,but I will save that one for the next guy!!!! Also is plastic clips better?What types do guy's use? I know they also need to seal water out and I also thought plastic would not promote rust. Any one dealt with Restoration Specialties in Windber Pa.? Anyone have any part #s I have some ideas I was just wondering if anyone has done something different. Thanks Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Re: Moulding Clip Question

Post by Dick Koch »

Mark - I use the spring type clips mainly for ease of removing the trim if necessary. I don't think you need to worry about chipping the paint or the holes rusting. I have removed the trim from two cars and a parts car and have never found any of the holes rusted. What about your car??? Just sayin! Besides the little retaining wire on a blade clip will rust away before the hole does.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Oh, by the way, thanks, no mustard.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; your welcome Mark