Rear deck antennas for 57-59 Dodges and Plymouths

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
mikes2nd

Rear deck antennas for 57-59 Dodges and Plymouths

Post by mikes2nd »

Faulkner wrote:Walked into the Van's tent to pick up a gas tank, straps (yes, mine won't fit) and filter. They want to repop the complete antennas! I gave them mine, they gave me $300 worth of parts for $125 - and I get repops when they're done! SCORE!!
Might want to tell them my repops will be heading to the Chromer soon :)

This is my repop.
Antenna2.jpg
Faulkner

Carlisle 2016!

Post by Faulkner »

mikes2nd wrote: Might want to tell them my repops will be heading to the Chromer soon :)
Looks good Mike. However, Vans will be able to provide a complete, plated assembly - including grommet, gasket, coax and hardware - for about what I recall you said you would sell your bases for, pre-plating. It's tough to compete with an established vendor for volume product, and these should sell like hot cakes. That said, I couldn't afford theirs, or yours :oops: I was lucky that they plan to use mine for repros, so I'll get them for free (and more, considering the discount they gave me). I can wait.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
mikes2nd

Carlisle 2016!

Post by mikes2nd »

I never stated a price and mine will be complete, where did you see a price? or that I would only sell the bases? I will of course if someone only wants pieces.

Vans doesn't seem to be interested much in FWL cars.

How much did vans think theirs would cost? They sell a single antenna mast for like 90$...

And there isn't a big market for these, probably only 15-20 sales out there.

I'm just looking to break even.
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2016!

Post by Faulkner »

mikes2nd wrote:I never stated a price and mine will be complete, where did you see a price? or that I would only sell the bases?
Here, back in February.
Forward Look Network Conversation wrote: Originally written by shortmort (2016-02-09 4:44 PM)

Hi Mike, I'd be interested in getting a pair of reproduction bases - I'd fit my own antennas and get them chromed. Would you consider just selling a pair of bases, and if so, how much?

Thanks
Dan

dan at 59plymouth.net
http://www.59plymouth.net/59forum

Originally written by mikes2nd (2016-02-10 7:52 AM)

Yeah I can do that.  I am working out price but I would think 300$ for a set?
mikes2nd wrote: Vans doesn't seem to be interested much in FWL cars.
Like I said, the reason I was in their tent was to pick up a FWL gas tank for Faulkner. And they seemed to show plenty of interest in reproducing the antennas.
mikes2nd wrote:How much did vans think theirs would cost? They sell a single antenna mast for like 90$...

And there isn't a big market for these, probably only 15-20 sales out there.

I'm just looking to break even.
I think they said ~$500, which is comparable to yours, if you wanted $300 for unplated bases. The difference is, yours will likely be available soon, and theirs may take a year or more! The other difference, though, is that I get a pair for $100, plus a whopping discount on a gas tank... But of course, that's a one-time deal.

If it weren't for guys like you, reproducing parts needed by guys like us, we'd be at a loss, so I commend you - especially since you aren't in it for the money. But I think you underestimate the market for the product.

In any event, I wish you well, and I hope your venture proves successful. Best of luck!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
mikes2nd

Re: Carlisle 2016!

Post by mikes2nd »

oh your quoting me on FWL :)

I have a ballpark but I will definitely be under 500$.

I can sell them my mold when I'm done!

I wish one of these guys would get into the FWL market but the sales numbers are pretty low.

It sucks having rare cars when you want people to repop parts.