wilson's car

Your banter here!
rogerh

wilson's car

Post by rogerh »

Well, the Wilson's SF convertible is a beauty, no doubt. Their attempts to bolt on all of the available options is very interesting, esp. the gas Instant Heater (which I think was discontinued by the factory due to serious fire hazard?) Having a gas heater in Fla is on parallel to me installing factory a/c on my car here in Seattle! It sure gave me a good laugh!
Now, I know I have groused about originality before, and certainly too many examples of the same red-and-white SF convertible is boring to say the least, but I wonder what made the Wilsons install a red and black interior ( We all know SFs only came with white as complement to the red interior). In addition, they appear to have installed a 361 with dual fours, just as Ed Eckerson has built his 361 with this dealer-installed option. As long as these folks don't go around telling the masses that their cars are "as from the factory", I am cool with that. As for me, I tell people that I have tried to stay faithful to what would have come out of the factory, but I do not hide the fact that the car is actually a hardtop/convertible "blend", and has a 1961 Chrysler 361 w/ 2 bbl.
happy new year to all