D & M Restorations

There's a vendor for everything! Check out some of the popular ones here
Faulkner

D & M Restorations

Post by Faulkner »

I just got my clock back from D & M Restorations! It looks like NOS - they painted the housing, polished the chrome, and repainted the hands. The center button was corroded - I don't know if they were successful in cleaning it up, if they painted it with chrome paint, or if they replaced it (they have an inventory), but it looks great. They bench tested it for a day or so before they sent to me. I'm so pleased with the result!
IMG_5706.jpg
IMG_5707.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: D & M Restorations

Post by william0431 »

Looks great!! How was the price and turn around time? Are you going to redo the Guage cluster too?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Will, with shipping and tax, it was $225. Not cheap! But I love the result.

It hadn't occurred to me to send them my cluster gauges - they are functioning well, but they are UV faded. I do have a spare cluster; hmmm... Now you have me thinking.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

I have a very faded clock I got off eBay and another one coming in the mail soon as well as a pretty decent cluster. I am considering sending out for resto since that is some thing I can do from here.

Their price was not bad, I wonder how it compares to just Dashes. I was considering sending my stuff to them since they are close to home In CA and my buddy can swing buy and pick them up when finished and put them in my shop for storage. But I have not priced them out yet...

When you consider you have a virtually brand new clock that should give you another 50 years of service that's not a bad price! and it looks great! The small details are starting to add up 8)
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Yeah. I don't know if I pointed out, but they cleaned and repaired the clock to working order for that price (it was not working when I bought Faulkner). So I'm happy! Optionally, they could have installed quartz works, but I didn't opt for that.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, did they also media blast/paint the metal housing? it looks just as nice, new and clean on the back as it does on the front.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, I was looking through D & M's website and see where they restore a number of things including small electric motors, I wonder if they cut a discount if you send them multiple items (gauges, clock, wiper & window motors)? They are a little far (South Carolina) from my car on the west coast but if the work performed is quality would be totally worth it to me for the added shipping cost. I might search around for a west coast alternative but good to know this is an option. Thanks for posting about your clock!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I don't know if they media blasted, Will - but it does look like new. Too bad the back is hidden once installed. Maybe I'll just plop it on top of the dash :P

I'd be happy to place a call to ask about multiple item discounts if you like.