testing changes...

Your banter here!

testing changes...

Post by Guest »

...to the file protection of the Forum. My ISP has complained; some of you may have noticed the outage yesterday. I've created a new account, added an avatar, now I'm looking to see if I can post with the new protections...

Dan

Re: testing changes...

Post by Guest »

Testing123 wrote:...to the file protection of the Forum. My ISP has complained; some of you may have noticed the outage yesterday. I've created a new account, added an avatar, now I'm looking to see if I can post with the new protections...

Dan
OK that worked. Lessee if quotes work...

Post by Guest »

That worked too. Let's see about uploads... (Bob Forrest's '59's!!)
2005-06-19_001.jpg

Post by Guest »

OK, all is well -- except for the avatar subdirectory. It apparently has to be unprotected for folks to upload. I'll duke it out with my provider.

This concludes this test of the emergency forum system. Should this have been an actual emergency...

Sorry for any inconvenience folks may have encountered.

Dan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Testing123 wrote: This concludes this test of the emergency forum system. Should this have been an actual emergency...
Dan
We all would drive 59 Fords?
Come to think of it,maybe i need that one to complete my collection of the 1959 low price field!

Bob

And btw Dan,i liked the pic you posted in this thread!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Nighthawk wrote:
Testing123 wrote: This concludes this test of the emergency forum system. Should this have been an actual emergency...
Dan
And btw Dan,i liked the pic you posted in this thread!
I must agree! That is 1 really nice pic!!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Thanks for the nice picture Bob! We are waiting for more :D

And Dan, keep on testing.... 4 more test members and we have more members than my son Dennis has on his 58 Oldsmobile forum!

Ron
Nighthawk

Pics

Post by Nighthawk »

I sent Dan a bunch a little while back,as soon as he gets everything fixed up im sure he'll post them!

Bob
Faulkner

Re: Pics

Post by Faulkner »

Nighthawk wrote:I sent Dan a bunch a little while back,as soon as he gets everything fixed up im sure he'll post them!

Bob
Fershur, Bob. They are great pix, and I owe it to you and the membership to post them. Actually, I spent most of today learning how to rip DVDs -- I updated the video for "Riding the Bullet" (I had a bad copy from tape, but I ripped great video from the DVD; check it out), and then spent many more hours trying to rip a DVD in European format (PAL) that Ron had sent me many months ago. I finally figured it out! It's huge, though... I'm gonna have to figure out how to edit out the parts with Chrissie in it, as well as Dennis' car, just to bring it down to a reasonable size. Then, I'll be ready to update the site -- with lots of new pix, from new members as well as old. If only I didn't have to go to work! :roll:

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Well thats great Dan,we can all look forward to that!
Also,in the Toronto Sun newspaper here 2 Sundays ago,there was a quiz about how well you know your American Graffitti,i got all the questions right (naturally!) but the person who wrote the column made one mistake,which was he said that when Terry backed the 58 Impala into a car at the stop lights,he said it was a 57 Desoto!
Now we all know that it was a 59 Savoy he backed into and Rons clip on the site even shows it,so i emailed him and corrected him and directed him to our site here and in last Saturdays Sun he mentioned that i had emailed and corrected him,he mentioned also that the site was great and he loved the chessy Lawrence Welk stuff and he put the link in his column!
Ive not been able to find his column on the Suns site as yet,sometimes they keep weekend features a week behind,so if and when they put in on their site,ill be sure to post it here!!

Bob
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Dan, I have been playing with Winavi video converter 6.3 for the last couple of days and you can do almost any conversion with it! And the best part of it is that this is a "free" :) version. I converted some divx movies to DVD format so Marjo can watch the old Marilyn Monroe movies on DVD.
If you want I can e-mail you this program.

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Nighthawk wrote:...he mentioned also that the site was great and he loved the chessy Lawrence Welk stuff and he put the link in his column!
Ive not been able to find his column on the Suns site as yet,sometimes they keep weekend features a week behind,so if and when they put in on their site,ill be sure to post it here!!
That's great, Bob. Their search engine apparently doesn't cover the whole paper, or previous issues; I couldn't find it. But let us know when you see it!

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:...If you want I can e-mail you this program.
Ron
I want! Thanks, Ron...

Dan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Faulkner wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:...he mentioned also that the site was great and he loved the chessy Lawrence Welk stuff and he put the link in his column!
That's great, Bob. Their search engine apparently doesn't cover the whole paper, or previous issues; I couldn't find it. But let us know when you see it!

Dan
Found it Dan!! Here it is here........

http://www.autonet.ca/SunDrive/Toronto/ ... 5-sun.html

You have to scroll down a bit to read when he mentions what i wrote to him

Bob
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

That's great Bob! Thanks for the heads up...

Dan