Amp Light

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Matthew Keij

Amp Light

Post by Matthew Keij »

Maybe some stupid questions but i can't find anything about the amp light in the books we have! Where is the amp :idea: exactly for????
When our "P" is standing still and it is started and if you hit the gas the amp :idea: is going on and the engine stops running. Anyone who know what this can be??? Maybe the engine stops because it is cold?? I've never had this before. Maybe a wire under the dash??? Yesterday i worked under the dash all day so maybe i hit a wire that i shouldn't hit??
If anyone can help me that would be great! I can't wait for our "P" to run normal again.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Oke, forget the last part of it! The engine was really cold so that problem is fixed!! We drove some miles a couple minutes ago and when it started to warm up more the engine was running better. Damn our little cold rainy country!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Typically the amp light indicates that the generator is not generating sufficient charge to replenish what is being taken from the battery. Warming up the car might raise the idle speed, and the generator speed, to make enough charge to turn the light off.

Plausible?

Dan
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Thanks!!!! Everything is solved now then. Today another day working under the dash. Can't wait till it's finished