Faulkner comes home

Faulkner

Faulkner comes home

Post by Faulkner »

I went to the garage last night, and pulled Faulkner's battery... Wow, he was covered in dust! The walls of the garage units don't go all the way to the top, I must have a contractor in the unit next to me. (Hey -- I wonder if it's the slimeball contractor who took my garage money :evil: )

Charged up the battery real good, got the old boy running with a shot of starter fluid -- managed to keep it running the mile or so between the unit and the garage. It stalled while I opened the garage door, but I got him started again -- pulled in without a backup! Of course, I was in the center of the garage, and I was riding the gas and the brake at the same time. Chirped a little tire action while backing up to straighten out! Well, it's in there, more or less -- I've got room to spare on the passenger side, and it's not sitting where it needs to be.

But it's home!!!

Now to clean him up, get him running right, etc., etc. Gotta get ready for Carlisle. Matthew! What are you doing this weekend!

Dan
IMG_3355.JPG
A photo from, like, 5 minutes ago
IMG_2521.JPG
A photo from last year
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Finally!

And I see that you drank a lot, probably garage building stress
In last years picture you did not have any bottles in the green bucket :lol:
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

we are all breathing a collective sigh of relief now that Faulkner is finally with his owner. Your car looks like it's grinning in last year's photo..
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:Finally!

And I see that you drank a lot, probably garage building stress
In last years picture you did not have any bottles in the green bucket :lol:
Oh, the bottles were there, they were just in another bucket!

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:we are all breathing a collective sigh of relief now that Faulkner is finally with his owner. Your car looks like it's grinning in last year's photo..
Thanks, Roger. Actually, I'm the one who's doing all the grinning these days!

We had a big thunderstorm last night, but the garage stayed nice and dry. Today I ran a waterline to the deck for Marie's garden, and tied the scupper into the downspout. Pretty soon, it will be time to play on Faulkner. Hmmm... Try to get it running right, or first pull the radiator and get it resoldered?

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I'd say radiator repair first, because the other way 'round, you'd have a nice running car, then have to pull the radiator anyway.