Another '59 SF for sale!

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

Another '59 SF for sale!

Post by Faulkner »

I just got off the phone with Alex Lehr. What a kewl guy! Anyway, here's an email he posted to the mailing list. Anyone interested? Dick, you don't have enough SF's, do you? :o

Dan
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:45 PM
To: 59 mailing list
Subject: [59plymouth] * 59' Sport Fury for sale.

Hi.

Cosmic Happenings?

As some of you know, I have several 59' Plymouths (2 Savoys, 1 - 4 Door Fury, 1 Suburban Station Wagon). But, like most of you, I have always wanted a Sport Fury. Several weeks ago, I received a 2nd Chance eBay offer from a man in Florida on a red / white Sport Fury that I had bid on. The high bidder for his car had flaked out. I agreed to purchase it. The seller offered to trailer it to my home in Los Angeles, Calif. He was due to leave tomorrow (11/15).

Last night, I received an e-mail message on another 59' S. Fury I had bid on that was in Arizona. The buyer in that transaction had also flaked out, so the seller offered it to me.

I am not a wealthy man (just car crazy!) so I had to make a choice - I couldn't take both. Even though I preferred the looks of the red / white car in Florida, I felt the (white) one in Arizona was a better choice for me.

Anyway, the reason for my writing to all of you is to let you know that the Florida car is available now. I felt VERY bad for the very nice guy who was going to sell me his 59' (he has 6 Sport Furys in all!). I called him a little while ago and was honest with him. I told him why I decided to take the Arizona car and also told him that I would let everyone on the 59' list know about his Sport Fury.

If you are interested, he is asking $15,000. for it - which seems to be a very fair price. The car appears to be in good physical shape HOWEVER, he told me that it has a "vibration" problem which he has not been able to figure out.

Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to put you in touch with him. I felt that all of you should know about this offer before he re-lists it on eBay.

Alex Lehr
(323) 666 - 7888 .......................
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I only need a convertible. I'm having tons of fun with the two I have now, driving one (taking it to Turkey Run in Daytona) and restoring the other.

I'll trade a 63 Ford Convertible 500XL Red and Red, and a 60 Desoto 4 dr. sedan for a 59 SF Convertible.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
LD

SF

Post by LD »

K I LIVE IN IND. BUT WINTER IN FL. I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE GENT, THAT HAS THE SF. FOR SALE. HAVE HIM CALL ME OR ILL LOOL HIM UP THANKS LARRY MY NO IS 352-560-0044
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

LD, it's not Dick Kock that has that information -- it's Alex Lehr. He can tell you the contact info for the man who has the SF for sale. Alex's phone number is in my post -- I'll repost it here: (323) 666 - 7888.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"