Need front rubber bumber guard strips

Looking for something? Post it here!
Bernie B.

Need front rubber bumber guard strips

Post by Bernie B. »

Hello everyone,

I'd like to find NOS or excellent used front rubber bumper guards. Parts books call them "buffer" strips. Does anyone want to part with a pair, or know of replacement sources?

Thanks,

Bernie Brouillet
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hi Bernie,
Does this mean you are planning to bring your car into the daylight in the near future?
Are you looking for the rubber that fits the bolt-on overriders, or those l-o-n-g strips that fit the length of the bumper?
Gary Goers i believe re-makes the overrider pieces, but you have to send him the metal cores. (Gary's site went down and he was operating on a temporary one, I dont have that address at my fingertips)
Bernie B.

Bumper guards

Post by Bernie B. »

Roger,

I'm looking for the long strips, with the thin stainless surrounding metal. My originals have too much wear and cracks for me. The request does mean I'm trying to gather parts again, and the car "sees daylight" every day the sun shines in the garage window. It hasn't moved in a long, long time. Not sure what the future will bring, so I gather small bits when I can. This seemed like a good time to search for parts, getting more people active on the board I noticed recently.

Thanks for replying.

BB
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

If I can think of where you might find them, I will let you know. As you wrote, there are several people on the list who are actively restoring their cars, hopefully someone willl have an answer for you. :)