Is it too early...

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Is it too early...

Post by Faulkner »

...to start talking about Carlisle '08? The year before our Golden Anniversary?

Apparently the folks at Carlisle don't think so (see below)! I just received this in the mail today.

I'm goin', with or without a European contingent -- although, I'm hoping like h*ll they'll be able to come. What about you, Curt Danners? And Curt Lamdin -- rumor has it, you might be able to make an appearance. Perhaps Ed Ober can be persuaded... That is, if Tom Fox can be convinced to do another cross-country to chat up cars with him (are you listening, Tom?). Mark Coudriet, Joe Leone, Beth Harris, Forward Look Frank, Ed Eckerson, Bernie Brouillet, Roger Howard, Dick Kock, Brad Williams, John & David Wilson, Bob Forrest, Jeffrey Bernard... The list goes on and on.

Are you is, or are you isn't coming? July 11-13, 2008. Time to start making plans now!

Dan
2.JPG
1.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

I would like to come but i dont think id want to drive the old Plym that far, but it sure would be great to meet you guys, the help and advice youve given a life long GM guy on understanding the works of my 59 Plymouth has been awesome to say the least, ive told other car show buds that when ive got a prob or something i dont know how to do on my old plymouth i just get on here and answers come right away, so ill see what i can do to come, it would be great!

Bob
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

I am their mentally already! Now the job will be for my mind to convince my body to make this trip!

As I said to some - I may need help getting the car ready for the trip including a driver - but I really would like to make it at least one full day since I am only about two hours away. Dan or anyone - any suggestions on rooms in that area in case we decide to stay overnight?

Here is hoping I can make it this year and get to meet many fellow forum members.

Thanks for the special invite,

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

I would like at the very least like to be able to go and walk around but since they started the all Mopar show I have only been able make it twice.. Once was the first or second year they had it and the last was in 2005.. That is usually a busy weekend for folks stopping by to do pickups so they don't have to pay the high cost of shipping on big parts..

If anyone is interested there is a motel down the road from me in Etters Pa. (It would be about a 25 mile drive from the show but it fills up quick at show times). If anyone needs their info post here and I will look it up and post it here..
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I'm here..listening, and thinking..
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

If it is financially possible after buying our new house Matthew and I will be there 8)

But it is still not 100% sure that our old house is sold so we will have to wait a while (and see the tickets getting more expensive every day :cry: ) And the hotels will get more expensive too but with the $$$ being worth nothing compared to the Euro who cares :lol:

@Curt, if we can make it we will make sure that you and your car get to Carlisle! What does the car need before it can make the trip??

Hope to see you there!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

@Ron,
My car needs a new 500 cfm carb installed (now sitting new in box on driver's seat) and a bath - that is all I know about at this point.

@BW
I might be interested in a room 25 miles away - if you have time to post the info. I live 90 miles away but 2 1/2 hours drive time - makes it bad to commute more than 1 day.

Do most forum members sign up their car for the weekend and stay all three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)?

Thanks,
Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

savvy59 wrote:Do most forum members sign up their car for the weekend and stay all three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)?
Curt, the two past years we've gone, we've left for Carlisle Friday morning, stayed overnight Friday and Saturday and returned Sunday morning. Last year we stayed at the Best Western Plantation Hotel, Mechanicsburg -- Tom Fox did too. It was a hop, skip and a jump to Carlisle, and they give a AAA discount.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:@Ron,
My car needs a new 500 cfm carb installed (now sitting new in box on driver's seat) and a bath - that is all I know about at this point.

Thanks,
Curt in MD
Hi Curt, that won't be a problem at all :!: If we can make it your car will shine like it never did before, Matthew is great at washing and polishing cars. And installing the carb shouldn't be a problem as long as the linkage fits to it and you have the right gaskets.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

This is getting interesting...!
Crossing the states (3K miles each way) is a daunting task with a 50 yr old car and all, but the challenge does have my attention.
I think there may also be a National Chrysler meet in Sacramento, which would only be 1000 miles each way..I need to check the dates...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The Sacramento Meet is in 2009. Knowing this opens up possibilities....
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

Savvy59,
Here is a link to thier priceline.com page

http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/city ... 3000018648
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com