Taillight rubber band

Looking for something? Post it here!
sportfury1959

Taillight rubber band

Post by sportfury1959 »

Hello group,

Does anybody know where I can get a new rubber band that goes around the taillights? (between the taillight and the body) I couldn’t find it at Gary Goers.

Thanks

Stefan
Not one pit!.JPG
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Stefan,

I just looked up Gary Goers and I could not find that gasket either. He only shows the gray foam seals for the housing to the bezel where the lens fit.

I can call them later today and see if they are still in stock since I also need a set.

Iwill get back with you.

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

That would be great Curt - Thanks I'll wait for your reply.

Stefan
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Stefan and Everybody,

I hesitated to send a fax since his introduction says "if a part is not listed in the catalog - I do not have it - SO DON'T ASK".

I faxed them the question anyway and they responded immediately! They said they have the rubber (by the foot) not a rubber band. The cost is $1.70 (US) a foot and believe that one tailight takes about 2 feet of rubber to go all the way around.

I can't measure mine but that sounds about right.

Question is: Should I order 5 feet for myself and 5 feet for Stefan and have it delivered here in MD and then forward Stefan's to him???

I believe the shipping to here is only 15% of the total order. (10 feet X $1.70 = $17.00 x 15% = $2.55 shipping to me.

Is there anything else you need? I plan to order the gray foam gaskets that fit behind the tailight bezel near the lens. I suppose I will also look to see what ese I can order while I am already to place an order.

I thought Dan said that this same gasket material is good for the toilet seat (which I don't have) but you may need. You would need to measure yours because I have no clue how much it takes.

Let me know your thoughts.

Curt in Maryland
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i've also heard people use the door edging u can get at the parts stores/walmart. i don't remember who said it, but they used the chrome and were quite pleased w/ the results. --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

batmobile wrote:i've also heard people use the door edging u can get at the parts stores/walmart. i don't remember who said it, but they used the chrome and were quite pleased w/ the results. --j
Actually those are the same and would work quite well!!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

IT has been a few years to try to recall what I actually did, but the edging works really well for taillight housings and continental kit...
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I used the chrome plated plastic door edging you can get in rolls at pepboys, advance, auto zone etc. At the time I didn't know where to get the original grey (Gary Goers) anyway even though it's not original it looks damn good I also have it around the sport deck on the trunk lid. Try it, you might like it. I have the grey now and will use it when I finish the restoration.
Dick Koch
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

We have the gray stuff from Gary. Installed it a year ago or something.
Looks really nice. My dad has a pic of it if anybody wants to see it
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I bought black edge guard from some auto parts place and spray-painted it dove grey. I should have glued it to the "Flitesweep" deck lid, as it has shrunk and the ends come off the sheetmetal lid.
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Hello Matthew,

what kind of question -- Y E S -- of course I want to see it!!! :o

Please post the picture.

Stefan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

OK Stefan, here's the picture! And the stuff from Gary is really great, I oredered a lot last year and every item I recieved was perfect.

Ron
taillight rubber band edit.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Thanks Ron,

that looks really good. Also I've already placed my order and I hope it's as good as yours when it arrives.

Stefan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

The "rubber band" on my tail lights was never all that great, so i decided to replace it, and i used the chrome door edge guard, its looks really good, will post some pics later!

Bob
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Heres the pics i took of my tailights using the chrome door edge guard
IMGP0329.JPG
IMGP0328.JPG