SF cvt, Belv 4 door

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
rogerh

SF cvt, Belv 4 door

Post by rogerh »

Over on Forwardlook.net, there are links to the following:
59 SF cvt, in FLA...ebay.com/ebaymotors/plymouth-sport-fury-convertible

Boston Craigslist...4 dr sedan Belvedere 17K original miles..
Dick Koch

Re: SF cvt, Belv 4 door

Post by Dick Koch »

Yes Roger - The car is in Pompano Beach, about 50 miles south of me. I talked to the guy this morning and have a meet to see the car tomorrow. I probably won't be able to buy it, but I'm going to give it a try.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Well, let us know how it goes. THe guy writes an immature ad, AND he says he has TWO, so I'm picturing a rich kid- ?
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

OK Roger and Everybody - Went to see the Convertible in Pompano Beach yesterday and had a very interesting day. The gentleman I met is from Europe and a Very nice man, but he is one of those "busy people" if you know what I mean. Never stops. Giving instructions while talking to you, on the phone, going here, going there, it's a good thing he's a young man. Late 40's early 50's. The car was parked outside of a very large warehouse and I could see many classic cars inside. He immediately said get in the car and we went for a ride. Car was solid, lot's of power, 318 4bbl., good power brakes. The interior was kinda shabby, the whitewalls were very yellow, the engine bay was dirty and at most I would rate the car as a very weak #3. When we got back he invited me to go see the cars in the warehouse. All I can say about what I saw is, please excuse the language, HOLY SHIT!!!!!. 50 CONVERTIBLES all of them 57's, 58's, & 59's. All of them at least #2 or strong #3's. Chryslers, Chrysler letter cars, Dodge, Desotos, Plymouth, Buick, Olds, Caddilac, Ford, Edsel, Mercury, Lincoln. etc. etc. The were lined up next to each other with just enough space to walk between them. I found the other 59 SF Convt. in the back, it's white and Correct. The worst car he had was the one on ebay I went to see. He then took me to another small wharehouse to show me a 59 Merc Convertible a #1. and a 57 Plymouth Convertible I had seen on ebay about 4 years ago. His bottom line on the 59 Convt. was 50K, should have been 25K at most. So I left for home gratfull for the experience of seeing all those wonderful cars but a heavy heart knowing I could not afford one of them. He would not let me take any picture of the cars in the warehouss and only one of the 59.

I remembered hearing about a Car museum that had a 59 SF Convertible so on the way home I stopped to take a look, normally you have to make an appointment to get in but it happened to be open. Again all convertibles, all makes, late 50's early 60's, all #1 & #2. I spent the whole day in heaven. The first car I saw was a 57 Fury (the only hardtop in the place), next to it was the 59 SF Convt. next to it a 60 Ply Convt. then a 63 Ply convt. then a 64 Ply convt. Talk about weak knees..... The SF was painted Ferarri Red and was the most beautiul car I have ever seen. IF he was to sell it, it would be 60K. To bad I don't have 60K. Again more weight to an already heavy heart.
He let me take some pictures. Enjoy.
Dick.
100_2122.jpg
This is the Car that was on ebay.
100_2124.jpg
100_2125.jpg
100_2126.jpg
100_2127.jpg
100_2128.jpg
100_2129.jpg
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Are all the cars in the first two warehouses for sale?
After you've rolled up your tongue, and regained feeling in your knees, you can feel extra good about the money and time you are spending on your beautiful hardtop restoration!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Roger I don't know for sure if they are for sale, but for a price everthing is for sale. The smaller museum gave me a price of 60K but I didn't get the feeling they would really sell it. You are right about my restoration, I really feel good about the way it's going. I will shoot the body in the next couple of days, can't wait. It hard knowing there are two 59's and one 57 Plymouth convertible within 50 miles of my house. Dick.
59$avoy

Post by 59$avoy »

WOW!!!!! oh to have lots of money!!!!
Durke

59 Savoy and 59 Fury
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

The second one might be worth it but the first one that is on e-bay is really not worth 50k!!!

List of things that should be done to the ebay convertible:
Top and cover should be changed to white
Correct interior should be fitted
Steering wheel should be redone
Needs new whitewalls
Remove speakers from kick panels
Needs original radio knobs and cigarette lighter
Original mirrors
Needs buckles for the rear seat and front seats
Engine painted in correct 318 colors
Front valance is hanging weird

Second SF convertible had another front bumper or rear bumper.
Has the rubber strip option on the front but normal bumper guards on the back without the rubber inserts.
Fury logo also has no black insert in the F.

I know, i know. But i'm all about the details
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Matthew, you are still as sharp as a tack!
You can always have a career as a buyer's agent..you have the MOST critical eye I've ever known.
I was wondering how you could have seen such issues as fender mirrors, upholstery buckles, and all from the pictures DIck posted, but now I realise you must have gone back to the Ebay Listing
Last edited by rogerh on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Matthew - You would make the perfect AACA judge. Right now the bidding is at $30,100 with 4 hrs. 40 min. to go. He told me he would take it off ebay for 50K, the reserve is 47K.
Dick.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Oh Yeah, something I forgot about the nice SF convt. My green car is 294 code so it was assembled in Los Angles, It has the rubber bumpers front and rear. The convt. in the picture has no tag on the cowl or the driver door jamb but a tag has been screwed to the firewall to the right of the brake booster with a 292 code. Where was 292 code cars assembled.
Dick.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Taken from the Parts Book:
The "4" is Los Angeles.
The "2" is Dodge Assembly Plant. (Where is Dodge?)
On page INF-6, it lists the four assembly plants for Sport Furys as:
1) Detroit
2)Evansville
3) Newark
4) Valley Park
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Beats me, could they mean the Dodge Assy Plant in Evansville???????????
Dick.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

"2" could be old Dodge Main called Hamtramck Assembly (small town in Detroit) assembly (where they built Chargers form 1966 to 1969 model years and then switched to E bodys and A bodys from the 70's to the mid 70's.

It is no longer there, it was torn down and became part of GM's Pole Town assembly (Pole as in Polish).

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Sorry to dig this up!

The Convertible in the first pics is probably sold.
I've got evidence that it got maybe got restored or just polished and it got the correct interior and correct engine colors now.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”